Let’s Get Physical: MICHI Fall Collection 2012
27th August 2012
I find it difficult to keep fit whilst I am traveling, Blog Reader, so back in England this weekend I turned to the outdoor-gym-of-Lincolnshire. I took a little run around the villages close to where I grew up, dressing in my favourite work out gear, MICHI. Designer Michelle Watson just released her fall collection for 2012 and as usual I am in love with all of it.
Watson took inspiration from the mysterious underwater world: the unstoppable forces of the deep ocean meeting with serene and natural beauty. Michelle explained, “Sinuous mesh insertions in contrasting fabrics and textures mirror the undulating oceanic waves and blend with sensual boudoir overtones to flatter the female form and create length.”
I am excited about the new layering pieces in the fall collection. Long sleeved tops, sweatshirts and tank tops can be worn with the statement bras and leggings both in the gym and on the street. New colours have also been introduced, including mustard and crimson.
1) The Medusa Leggings in black soft stretch denim because of the sinuous mesh inserts and mixed material mesh. They lengthen, flatter any body shape and are subtly sexy. Great for the gym and even better to dress up for the evening.
2) The Medusa Bra, which has a very clean front with small flattering details such as the center front cut-out triangle. The back is designed to be exposed by layering with a low back or sheer shirt. This bra creates a beautiful silhouette under a sheer or backless top.
3) The Abyss Top is an easy long sleeve layering top made with a buttery, super-soft Italian cotton fabric. The waist, back and shoulder mesh inserts are very flattering and slimming. They give the illusion of a nipped in waist and dress up any work-out outfit.
4) The new french terry sweatsuits (Aurora Sweatshirt, Jacket and Hoodie, and Frontier Sweatpant): MICHI now offers a sweatshirt, sweatpant, hoodie and varsity jacket. They’re perfect to wear to and from the gym, whilst travelling, for lounging and leisure and when you want to feel warm and comfortable but still want to feel polished and put together.
5) The Pipeline Legging is for the customer that wants minimal skin exposed but still wants a chic boudoir look, with an ‘X’ lattice down the side of the leg. A very durable and functional legging for the gym, but very easy to dress up for the evening.
Time to let me hear your body talk*, Blog Reader.
To view the entire Lookbook for MICHI Fall 2012 click here.