Alice in Wonderland: Reiss 1971 Hestia Dress

Reiss 1971 Hestia Dress StyleOnTheCouch

Reiss 1971 Hestia Dress StyleOnTheCouch

Sassoon Salons Reiss 1971 Hestia Dress StyleOnTheCouch

Reiss 1971

Reiss 1971 Edina Ronay Zara Fashion

Reiss 1971 collection site

Sassoon Salons Reiss 1971 Hestia Dress StyleOnTheCouchI spent some time in London this week for a Psychology training course. Along with skills building, being back in the city was a great opportunity to explore a different sort of therapy – the retail variety.  I checked back in with all my favourite London shops and popped into the Barrett Street Reiss, the flagship store for a brand who feature heavily on this blog. Reiss recently relaunched their 1971 collection, their more youthful diffusion line – sexy, modern and iconic.  I own a few 1971 styles from several years back; a biker jacket, some black jeans and heels. I like 1971 for their shoes and accessories which always feel a little more design-led than the mainline collection, yet in the current re-vamp of 1971 Reiss have impressed me with their dresses (which in the past always felt too similar to the Reiss brand itself to have a distinct feel…) and ‘sports couture ‘ capsule collection.

This Hestia dress has an Alice in Wonderland feel about it with its mint coloured base and floral lace overlay.  The sleeves offer some very pretty detail and I adore how the frills of the skirt fall downwards and out from the waist. My other top picks from the collection are below:

Gilda printed jersey dress: bodycon shape with graphic print

Luciana day dress: fit and flare style in blue, white and blush pink floral print

Culver drop waist dress: retro style sleeveless dress with dropped waist and ruffle hem skirt

I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” – Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland.

I’m wearing: Reiss 1971 Hestia dress; Zara sandal. Carrying bag by Edina Ronay.  Hair by Sassoon Salon South Molton St.

Comments

• sarah says

I agree – perfect for the summer. My love affair with Reiss continues! Hope you are well, thank you for leaving me a little note xx

You look so pretty Sarah! The dress was made for you. Also love your hair (always). Have a good Sunday.
    Adela x

Misspinkstyle.net

I absolutely adore your dress! It really does have an Alice in Wonderland feel to it, and I think it channels the charm and whimsical nature of the movie so well. I’ve never been into a Reiss before, but I definitely have to take a look at their online store now. Thanks for always sharing such chic and beautiful pieces!

Melanie

• sarah says

Hi Melanie – I’m a big Reiss fan, I love their dresses for work because those from the mainline collection are really smart and chic. 1971 is a little more playful, great for going out or day dresses in the summer. Do let me know if you buy anything I’d love to hear about it. Thanks for checking in! x

Such a lovely dress, Sarah! I never get bored seeing those heels (which I should’ve bought when they were 70% off last year…)

You are glowing. Glad to see you busy, busy with work, life, everything! Can’t wait to read up on all your upcoming trips and adventures. And I’d like some interior shots please, keep us up to date on your new place!!

Trackbacks