StyleOnTheCouch at London Fashion Week

London Fashion Week StyleOnTheCouch

StyleOnTheCouch London Fashion Week

London Fashion Week - StyleOnTheCouch

WoodWood The Shop At BlueBird Opening StyleOnTheCouch

It is, Blog Reader, a week of much activity as I’m currently in London to attend some of the shows and events surrounding London Fashion Week.  Hence there is no lingerie focus today and instead I’m posting a few snapshots of the things I’ve been up to since I arrived.  It is beautiful weather here in the city for the first day of LFW – Zoe Jordan opened with her autumn winter collection for 2013/14 in the Courtyard Space at Somerset House, a delightful mix of bold bright colours, structured separates and metallics which were my favourites.  I particularly liked the bodice style tops, a little warrior princess, a little androgynous too.

I also had the opportunity to visit the new space within The Shop at Bluebird dedicated to Scandinavian clothing brand Wood Wood with my friend Anna from South Molton St Style, as well as previewing the new I.D. Sarrieri lingerie collection at Cafe Royal, a fitting location for this luxury brand to show their new designs.  I.D Sarrieri’s pieces seem so much more beautiful in reality than they appear in their lookbook, something I would have thought impossible yet the styles embellished with Swarovski elements really dazzle…!

A visit to the new Cambridge Satchel Company store in Covent Garden, a browse in one of my favourite high street retailers Reiss and previewing designs from Kzeniya, Christopher Waller and Muriee means I already have plenty to write about when this week is over. Waller in particular is a great new find for me.

I’ve missed attending the New York shows and events this year, but I’m enjoying exploring London’s talent again.  You can check out the full London Fashion Week line up here.

Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Facebook

Comments

I’m so envious of all of your Fashion Week adventures, Sarah! I’ve been following along with what you’ve posted on Instagram and really thinking I ought to have found money somewhere in my budget to come over for the week. At least I can live vicariously through you :)

• sarah says

Hi Sofie – yes I agree it fits so well! I have a few other Reiss designs but nothing in this red. I was just saying to my friend above, I am so tempted to buy….

• sarah says

Oh gosh that dress! Got lots of likes on my instagram (otherwise known as ‘the enabler’) I am so tempted to buy…! Thanks for leaving a comment x

Sarah, I’m following your LFW adventures via Instagram and it looks like you have a wonderful time! Your cat hear beanie is so nice! You might have already mentioned the label and I might have missed it…can you please let me know the brand? Many thanks and have a great Sunday!

that red dress is BEYOND! I hope you are well…looks like you are getting to lots of great events and such..living vicariously through you….I was invited to a few events here and there during fashion week but the kids had stomach bugs, husband was out of town…yadda yadda…it never happened…Ah, motherhood, hahah.

All the best
    C

Missed you terribly in NY this year. Though it was brief for me with Nemo. Dear g*d tell me you bought that red number for Reiss? It is worth every penny. No matter what the cost. XOXO