Simple Classics: Reiss Shirt, Urban Outfitters Denim. Monochrome Me Series

Reiss White Shirt Urban Outfittters Jeans StyleOnTheCouch William Williams Photography 1

Reiss White Shirt Urban Outfittters Jeans StyleOnTheCouch William Williams Photography 2

Reiss White Shirt Urban Outfittters Jeans StyleOnTheCouch William Williams Photography 4

Since arriving back in the UK, Blog Reader, life has been a whirlwind of job hunting, flat searching, catching up with family and friends and exploring my favourite places in London again.  In some ways many things have changed, in other ways I’m comforted to know that things are exactly the same, especially with my very good friends who have whisked me away for dinner parties, let me stay with them at short notice (that’s you, Ms Wonderful South Molton St Style) and generally fed me wine and cheese whilst we’ve caught up on anything and everything that’s been happening in each other’s lives.

After spending New Year in Paris I was filled with enthusiasm to hit the ground running in January.  After the inevitable anxiety of ‘am I ever going to find a new job?’ last week I was offered a fabulous new role and I’ll be relocating for work over the next few weeks.  New home, new challenge, new setting – I love change and I’m super excited about what’s to come.

On the day before my job interview I had a huge dilemma about what to wear. Several outfit changes, mirror glances and face pulling later I decided to keep things simple.  I’ve been wearing a lot of black, white and denim lately and this might be part and parcel of trying to keep things simple in some areas of my life whilst others undergo transformation (though I have a feeling Fashion Week will bring and end to this as I have a few new styles in prints that I am dying to wear!).  This safari style shirt will forever be my ‘lucky’ shirt.  I wore it on interview day – a lovely top from Reiss with epaulette detail and high neckline.  I put on my Urban Outfitters high-waisted pants, a smart jacket, black heels and My Tiffany & Co. key necklace, a gift to myself when I left NYC.  Simple, classic styles just sometimes work a treat.

Tiffany&CoKey

“If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living” – Gail Sheehy, author.

Wearing: Shirt from Reiss.  Jeans, Urban Outfitters.

Photos of me: with thanks to the amazing William Williams.

Comments

• sarah says

Quite possible the stress of job hunting put me in a fragile state! I’m very happy that I’m on the move. Thank you for stopping by, Annette!

• sarah says

Hi Liz, I’m a counselling psychologist and yes, going to be in that role in my new job. Are you working in that area?

Not at present, I was a little worn out when I first moved here, but am starting to get the itch to return to clinical work now I’m settled. It’s nice feeling actually. Very much enjoying the blog!

• sarah says

Jenn I finally caught up on your blog yesterday. Sorry to hear about your Mac eek! I am off to buy a hard drive today….

So happy for you sweets!
    And I love that quote at the bottom, I’ve been doing some “growing” of my own lately , it’s so refreshing to not be stuck anymore. As always too, you are a bit of an inspiration ;)
    Love from the shire xx

Hearty congrats my friend! I am glad that things are falling into the place- this new job and you, sound positive and ready to take on the future full force. Great things will keep coming. Clearly due to lucky shirt, and your intelligence, beauty, and creativity. Lucky shirt optional;)

Just bought some high waisted urban outfitters pants, and they’re the perfect simple piece. figure flattering, comfortable, and really confidence-boosting.

you look incredible. i think it was smart to keep it simple – that way you don’t feel as if you’re trying to hard, andI think , at least for me, it makes me more confident in myself to know I’m not playing a role.

Congrats on your new job. can’t wait to see pics of your new location.

Cheers,

Gabrielle

I love this post Sarah! Congratulations again on getting the job. I’m excited for you with all the new changes coming up and can’t wait to hear all about it. The mention of the Tiffany key made me smile for the memories it brought up ;)