Fifi Chachnil: Ready to Wear

Fifi Chachnil Lingerie and Ready to Wear StyleOnTheCouch Paris Lingerie Brand

Fifi Chachnil Lingerie Pret a Porter StyleOnTheCouch Fifi Chachnil Romper and Skirt Polka Dots

Fifi Chachnil Lingerie Ready to Wear Paris Lingerie brand styleonthecouch

Fifi Chachnil Lingerie and Ready To Wear StyleOnTheCouch Romper and Polka Dot Skirt

In an interview with Style.com, Ines de la Fressange, author of one of my favourite books; style guide ‘Parisian Chic‘ said ‘there are never really fashion victims in Paris’.  She was making the point that the effortless chic we understand French women to possess does not come from buying into current trends or brand new pieces but rather from the philosophy of never really seeming too interested in fashion and staying true to the belief that ‘less is more’. The less being about quality and retaining wardrobe classics throughout the seasons and years.

Fifi Chachnil, French designer of lingerie and pret a porter, clearly agrees with Ines de la Fressange.  She has the most delightful line of ready to wear, includes skirts and dresses that make a woman feel impeccable in all circumstances and in no time at all.  Here I’m wearing her orange babyloo and skirt for an evening out in Paris earlier this month.  An absolute delight to wear – made from 100% silk (polka dot chiffon) if Fifi’s designs do not inspire you to fall in love in The City of Light then I don’t know what will.

I absolutely loved being in Paris for New Year.  I have a few more photos from the holiday to post soon, Blog Reader.  I admit that so far the rest of January has involved trying to recreate aspects of that trip – cue visits to London’s Laduree and much reading of French travel guides! I hope to be back there very soon to see more of the city.

Click here to view Fifi Chachnil’s pret a porter collection.

Wearing: Fifi Chachnil Ready to Wear - orange silk with white polka dots Babyloo and skirt from the Dimanche Matin collection; Elliot heels, Kurt Geiger.  Clutch, Reiss.  Sunglasses, GUESS.

Photos: William Williams.

Comments

Very feminine, very French. I love the style and you look amazing! Your dark lingerie really adds the special “kick” to this retro style dress (it looks like a dress).

Good to hear that you enjoyed reading Ines de la Fressange’s book which is on my wish list. I am currently reading Nina Garcia’s “The little black book of style” which I like a lot.

Love from Germany,
    Annette

As much as I ADORE your monochromatic style (and you know I do!), I SOOO love when you don color. You look SO amazing here, Sarah.

xo,
    Terry

terrys-two-cents.blogspot.com

Lady in red, hello! Let alone feel impeccable, you look impeccable. London’s Ladurée does not compare but I suppose it is the best substitute. x

So chic Sarah! You’re right about finding good quality and timeless pieces, maybe once I earn more money I can invest in better pieces. I’m usually not sure about wearing polka dots but somehow the whole outfit works :D

I’ve been dying to see the full results of this photo shoot since getting a little sneak peek at Jacques Genin and I must say, they certainly do not disappoint! Ines is absolutely right about the lack of fashion victims here in Paris {although I think to be fair, at least part of that is because French society is in some ways so conformist that to follow trends would go against social mores. But that’s a subject for a sociology disseration.} and you certainly fit in in terms of making style choices that suit you, rather than suiting what is current. Although Fifi Chachnil is far out of my price range, I am very tempted to stop by the boutique to see this peachy beauty in person – and the pairing of red heels is, in my opinion, absolutely perfect and very much worth the shivering to get these shots ;)

Wow…you look stunning and soo elegant! That color is not easy to carry but you wear it soooo gracefully and to think in the middle of Paris to be spotted in this:) Love it !!!!

And here is to wishing you a belated happy new year and hoping you will have more great outfit posts on your blog! Keep doing what you do!!!! And hope you had a great x’mas with your loved ones as well:)

Take care for now dear:)

Cinz