Monochrome Twist: FYI by Dani Read Leg Harness

FYI by Dani Read Lingerie WIlliam WIlliams Photographer StyleOnTheCouch Leg harness boudoir accessories

FYI by Dani Read Lingerie Boudoir Accessories WIlliam WIlliams Photographer StyleOnTheCouch Leg harness-1 2

FYI by Dani Read WIlliam WIlliams Photographer StyleOnTheCouch FYI by Dani Read Leg harness

These photos probably give you the best idea of how I like to have fun with a monochrome outfit.  I’m a big subscriber to the idea that simple is best, but sometimes simple can be too much so and needs a little edge to make a standout difference.  I wrote about FYI by Dani Read earlier in the year; she caught my eye with her brand statement ‘Women Are Weapons’TM.    This leg harness goes perfectly with my high-waisted jeans from Urban Outfitters.  I’m a total convert to the high waist since my thirties and even more so since seeing the wonderful post-Edwardian costumes on Downton Abbey.  I wear these jeans endlessly – with a high heel and a high waist I find I look so tall – I love it!

These photos make me smile because they represent to me a change and a new time in my life.  Now back in the UK after my adventures in the United States I’m taking stock, re-connecting with old friends, making new acquaintances and planning some exciting adventures for 2013.  This weekend I head over to France to spend New Year’s Eve in Paris!  A wonderful city of love and light, its elegance captured me completely the last time I was there.  You can follow me on instagram and twitter for updates during my travels.  Have a wonderful NYE and I’ll post my Paris photos very soon.

Wearing: FYI by Dani Read leg harness, ASOS white vestUrban Outfitters high-waisted jeans, STOP bootCarvela by Kurt Geiger.

Photos: William Williams.

Comments

• sarah says

Hello Annette, apologies for my late reply I was in Paris for New Year and I just got back to writing my blog after a little break. I love to hear from new readers and I hope you stop by again soon. Thank you for your lovely comment! Sarah

i remember loving that last photo when i saw it on pose! i think you should totally frame it! i would have totally worn a leg harness back in the day. or at least i like to think i would have. now my toddler would just have a handle to hang from me (even more than he already does…hahahahaha)! looking good girl!

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

Happy New Year, Sarah! How fitting that you’ve chosen to mark this season of personal change with a monochromatic look – in a monochromatic setting, no less {I must admit, I’m completely distracted by the decor and thinking how I can make my own apartment look just like that.} I can’t wait to see what 2013 will have in store for you, and I’m very excited to start the new year with our first in person meeting tomorrow :)

• sarah says

Nicole Happy New Year and so lovely to hear from you (also, thank you). I had to take a break from reading my favourite blogs (including yours of course!) for the past few months whilst I settled back into life in the UK again. In the New Year I am looking forward to visiting again and reading up on your adventures. Do stop by again, I’d love to keep in touch x

• sarah says

Hello Rose and thank you! Last year I was trying out some different ways of accessorising and I love how the body and leg harness makes a big statement. Happy New Year – Sarah

I don’t know what it is but you have mastered the art of taking something overtly sexual and making it stylish with hints of a seductive nature that are not overbearing; more suggestive but in a very chic way. Perhaps it is your simplistic approach! Which I love by the way, and I also love the first picture so much and your hair there reminds me slightly of Pretty Woman. x

You are fabulous!! Seriously, I adore coming here (almost every day) to see what you’ve posted. Happy New Year and thank you for sharing and for being one of my blog inspirations.

xo