The Party Planner: BCBG Max Azria

At this time of year, Blog Reader, I start to get excited about the party season.  Yep, with my birthday in November* then Christmas it’s time to think (hmm, dream?) of dresses for cocktails with the girls, longer gowns for dinners out and the right styles to comfortably dance the night away in.

I bought this BCBG Max Azria dress in New York City during one of their super sales.  I think BCBG is a great brand to turn to for cocktail dresses and evening gowns; I like the search functions of the website (type, length, colour) and the price bands are often reasonable for special occasion wear.

Some of my favourites from the current collection, clockwise from left: Claudine Straples Evening Gown; Raya Pleated Lace Cocktail Dress; Nagdalina Side Peat Printed Dress;  Carine Asymmetric Draped Evening Gown; Mercedes Cocktail Dress.

Purple is an unusual colour choice for me.  Symbolic of royalty and opulence (the shade here is a royal purple hue) this dress is a grand choice for a night out – I’ve mentioned before I am a sucker for splits but the cut-out back detail is also interesting and unusual.

I’m even accessorizing here, Blog Reader! A little sparkle over the holiday season feels essential.

I’m busy putting together some other dress / gown suggestions for the party season so if you’ve seen any killer styles leave me a comment below, as I might include it in the feature. Have a great weekend!

Wearing: Dress, BCBG Max Azria;  Clutch, Debenhams.  Gold bracelet, IN PINK.  Heels, Zara Basic Sandal.
Photos by Lydia Hudgens.

*Hint, hint.

Comments

you look amazing .. the color looks fabulous on you lovely.. have to say you can just wear it all! :)
    oh, have you seen this lovely REISS Dress ‘http://www.reiss.com/eu/womens/dresses/tali-sparkle/sage-green/’ would be perfect for the Holidays! love .. xo

Definitely an unusual colour choice for me. The shoe thing was interesting – black for sure didn’t work, I think gold might have been perfect but in the absence of the ‘ideal’ pair in my head I went with the Zara Basic Sandal. How much I wished I got this pair in other colours though…. Thank you for stopping by!

Hahaha my birthday is in November too!! You’re so right about year end parties, they’re always so fabulous. End of the year, Christmas, and then it’s to the New Year! The BCBG dress is gorgeous, and very much Angelina Jolie-high-slit-dress ;) The peek-a-boo behind is definitely an interesting part of the dress and would be best worn with your hair up :D

Hair up? Blimey that’s a whole new challenge for me. I really need some sort of hair up do lesson for new styles, I realize I wear my hair down a lot, and curly too. Any thoughts for up dos for me Saran?

3. Beebop Modal says

Purple reminds me of a pet I used to have. His name was Lurple. Can you draw the similarities, Blog Writer?

BCBG is my favourite place to go for a beautiful holiday party dress – the fact that they really know how to put on a sale doesn’t hurt, either ;) Of course, when it comes to holiday party dresses, my choices tend to lean towards black and well, black. This violet shade is surprising, lovely and suits your wonderful, milky skintone just perfectly! And of course, the thigh-high slit doesn’t hurt, either!

5. CinZilicious says

Hello there SOTC,

It’s been a while since i last visited your blog so i thought i’d drop by and say a little hello!!! And wow….this dress really caught my attention!!! It’s very elegant looking with a gorge color and of course, the double slit is so sexy,hehehe

Here is to an early happy birthday to you!!! When is the exact date?!=)

Take care for now dear!!!

Cinz