My Life in Shorts: Urban Outfitters Denim, Zara Tee & Austin City Guide Part Two

Even in October here in Austin it is still shorts weather.  Quite unbelievable in fact that yesterday I was by the pool sunbathing, whilst in the UK I would be indoors in the pub and plotting my next winter coat purchase.  These Urban Outfitters shorts are crazily short shorts but I kinda love the high-rise styling of them.  Available in four different denim shades (blue, black, vintage dark and multi) they ain’t called cheeky shorts for no reason.

In this feature, I bring you part two of my Austin City Guide (read part one here) where I’m sharing more of my favourite new finds in the city.

Boutiques:

Stag Austin – 1423 South Congress Ave. (Image below).  Most of the guys I know who have visited Austin rave about this place.  Menswear: “part clothing, part antique, part gift, part apothecary” the website will tell you, Stag have an excellent selection of brands fit for a style icon like Steve McQueen.  Fantastic blog too – they just published an excellent Autumn essentials series.

By George – 1400 South Congress Ave.  The curator of this SoCo boutique has brought together many great brands under one roof.  Here you will find Steve Alan, Helmut Lang, Isabel Marant, Equipment and more. With a sister store at Lamar (524 North Lamar) named one of the country’s top ten boutiques by Lucky Magazine, By George is another must visit. Customer service gets 11 out of ten from me.

Bars and Restaurants:

Doc’s Motorworks –  1223 South Congress Ave. The daily specials (1/2 price burgers on Mondays, $1 tacos on Wednesday) have me feeling glad that this place is my new local.  Go hang out with the cool dudes with motorcycles on Thursday ‘bike nite’.
Home Slice Pizza – 1415 South Congress Ave.  New York style pizza by the slice or pie. Totally yummy and perfect after a few drinks on South Congress.
Jo’s Coffee – 1300 South Congress Ave / 242 West Second Street.  You’ll likely find me here at Jo’s Coffee, Americano in hand, blogging.  The porch at their SoCo location is a perfect place to hang out – try one of their tasty breakfast tacos or the South Austin speedball (longneck beer and cup of coffee).  With jazz at weekend brunch and Monday night movies, you’ll want to move in here.
Photos: Lydia Hudgens.

Have a great weekend, Blog Reader! Shorts: optional.

Wearing: BDG High Rise Cheeky Shorts, Urban Outfitters.  Tee, Zara.  Sunglasses, GUESS.  Satchel, ASOS.

Comments

Oh Kim this city is amazing. If you can visit during one of the music festivals (Austin City Limits of SXSW) then you must try that, else avoid the height of summer because you really will melt. Miss you guys in NYC though!

I’m so envious that it’s still shorts weather in Austin! In Paris we seem to move between two fall extremes – very warm and rainy, or very chilly with beautiful blue skies. Either way, there are no shorts in my life at the moment, but if there were, I would want them to look like yours!

You love absolutely fabulous in a pair of shorts. They are very short and I don’t usually like the look of shorts like that but my goodness you look fabulous in them. I’ve recently moved to Hong Kong from London and am also enjoying that I can bare my legs in such heat rather then cocoon in a fur jacket!! Your blog is fantastic – LA x

I hope you’re having a wonderful time in Austin Sarah! I’ve never been to Texas (though I now want to go), but mostly I’m envious that it’s that warm in October!

P.S. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: you really do have the *best* legs (I absolutely couldn’t pull of shorts that short)

Briony xx

It would be a shame if you didn’t show your long legs in ‘hot pants’! ;) The ombre/dyed look also makes it perfect for a chilled day out. I’d love to go to Austin someday, I may be going there next year for my brother’s graduation so this guide will definitely be helpful :D

I moved here to Austin last year and I love it. Many of the places you mentioned I haven’t yet been to but I am definitely going to try now! I recommend you try Summermoon it is down on south 1st. They have an amazing latte that is super addicting! I am a foodie here with all the great food & coffee :). You look great and you can definitely wear those shorts well, so gorgeous!