Waist Not: Urban Outfitters, Reiss and Fleet Ilya

I am, Blog Reader, a total convert to high-waisted styles these days.  These blue high rise cigarette jeans from Urban Outfitters, gifted to me at UO’s fall BDG denim event this summer are being worn again and again.  A cotton and spandex mix to give that extra stretch; they are comfortable, flattering and long enough so you can wear them with heels.

You absolutely have to go for a tucked-in style of top with these jeans.  Cropped if you are brave enough – either way high-waists are about showing your waist off.  There are some lovely reviews of these jeans on the Urban Outfitters site about their fit for women of different shapes and sizes too, so check it out if you’re wondering if these will work for you.

My love of Fleet Ilya knows no bounds and their corner studded cuff in nude here makes a perfect compliment to this outfit.  I visited the Fleet Ilya showroom back in London last month – the team there are wonderfully creative and helpful and I can’t wait to show you some of their new leather products for fall. They assisted me in finding a new harness style, a big trend for spring summer if Jason Wu and BCBGMaxAzria are anything to go by.

The clutch in this post was a gift from a friend – from Reiss, who always have a great collection of accessories and bags, especially the oversized tote variety (e.g. here), which are my favorites from their current collection.  It makes my outfit red white and blue, kind of appropriate for my straddling of style and cultures each side of the Atlantic right now.

I’m back in NYC this week Blog Reader and enjoying being back in Manhattan so much!  Tomorrow I’m shooting some fall styles with Lydia Hudgens (who shot the images here) and finishing off my New York Fashion Week series for you, before I move on to review my favourites from London, Paris and Milan.  Hope you are having a great weekend xo

Wearing: Denim from Urban Outfitters.  Top and clutch, both Reiss.  Sandals, Nine West.  Cuff, Fleet Ilya.
Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Facebook

Comments

1. kenyaldesigns says

Nice look! I have also found myself loving high waisted jeans! I have 2 pair of J. Crews that I adore. I haven’t gone tucked in just yet… But I absolutely love their slimming affect!

Those jeans are great! They work so well with everything else…but then a good pair of jeans should be versatile. I bet you hare happy to be back in Manhattan. Nothing like it anywhere on earth.

Melanie I tried a gorgeous pair of high waisted jeans in ACNE in NYC but they were sooo expensive. These were a bargain price and I wear them over and over. If you should buy them yourself do send me a pic or let me know how you style them, I’d be really interested to know. Thank you for leaving me a comment!

I’ll definitely have to take a look at ACNE – I hadn’t even heard of it before you mentioned it! Thanks for the tip, I’ll be sure to let you know once (not “if”) I find the perfect pair (:

You look amazing Sarah! Love how the high-waisted jeans vamps up your outfit! Unfortunately with my height and big native hips (in comparison with my height), highwaisted jeans are hard to find – I’ll probably have to try 50 to find a nice one!

Hahaha my dad is a local native minority in Borneo, and it’s in the genes to have big muscular thighs because they live in the mountains and valleys – trekking, climbing, etc. So naturally I have them too :( Meanwhile I have my mum’s more slender upper body, so it’s quite a toughie when I buy clothes!

Hi Sneha. Yes I can – although I got some help with my hair from The Dry Bar in NYC, Flatiron branch. I got regular blow drys in NYC to smooth my hair (I am prone to frizz) but I have a curling tong I can recommend for the curls if you would like that? Drop me an email and I will send you the details.

Sarah –
    Adore the outfit post – I am wearing high-waisted denim as we speak :) Love the trend.

But I must ask – is this a Katharine Hamnett silk top? If so, I have the very same one. If not, I have a very, very similar one!!

Edita – sorry for the late reply as I was in NYC last week and behind with my reading and commenting. The top is a Reiss tee – old reason but silk at the top, cotton below. I like the slightly racer neckline and the length lends itself well to being tucked in. Have you featured your top on your blog? If so – send me a link I will check it out x

High-waisted jeans are always my favourite, and this post perfectly illustrates everything there is to love about them! A simple, beautiful look for the last days of summer :)

I had jeans very similar to this when I was about 15, and yours is the first post that has convinced me to give high-waisted jeans a second look. Love the way you’ve styled them!

Trackbacks