Poolside in Austin, Texas & Austin City Guide Part One

After a week in NYC, I’m now back in Austin, Texas.  Although I was just recently talking about fall wardrobes, I’m not in need of that quiiite yet, Blog Reader.  The temperature in the state of Texas remains in the 80s this month (that’s 30 degrees to you, Europe!) so here I am, in a typical Austin weekend outfit – denim cut offs, simple tee, sunglasses and sandals*.

Austin is an amazing city.  The weather is insanely gorgeous and the people here are so welcoming.  You’ll have seen snapshots, outfits and lots of travel tips from my trips to Austin over the past year but below I’ve put together a list of some of my favourite boutiques, bars and restaurants for part one of this week’s Austin City Guide:

Boutiques:

Co-Star Style 1708 S. Congress | 512.912.7970 – menswear and womenswear.  I was excited to find that they stock G Star Raw and J Crew, plus their range of sunglasses styles is excellent.
Feathers Vintage Boutique  1700b South Congress Ave | 512.912.9779 – sister store to Moss Austin (who you can read about here) this place has some amazing biker tees and enough accessories for you to put together a whole outfit before you leave the boutique.
Teddies for Bettys 211 West 2nd Street | 512.614.2103 – how happy am I that I can still get my lingerie fix in Ashley’s boutique.  Ashley’s blog keeps you in the know about in store events (DJs, champagne and cupcakes reign supreme here) plus she shares her expert knowledge on lingerie styling and current inspirations.  A must visit!

Photos: Red Rogue Studios

Bars/Restaurants:

Guero’s Taco Bar 1411 South Congress Ave | 512.447.7688 – an outdoor bar area playing live music several nights a week.  Grab one of their speciality margaritas and stay a while, especially on Wednesdays when Texas Music Radio live broadcasts from the garden.
Easy Tiger Bake Shop and Beer Garden 709 East Sixth Street | 512.614.4972 – when I am missing NYC I can get my pretzel fix here, but really you come for the sausages and extensive drinks menu.  Absolutely try the Merguez and drink yourself under the table with their list of amazing brews.
Wearing: Denim (short) shorts, Urban Outfitters.  Sandals, Nine West.  Tee, Marks and Spencer.  Sunglasses, GUESS.

I’ll be posting part two of my guide later in the week, Blog Reader. Do visit!

*Life as a fashion blogger is certainly much much easier in a place with very little rain or wind.

Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Facebook

Comments

Those shoes are too fabulous for words!
    I remember going to Austin so many years ago. My best friend in college used to go to the University there so I would go and visit once in a while and we always had a great time. I am sure it is completely different now but I have wonderful memories.

Life as a blogger in a place with no rain or wind sounds like bliss, I must admit :) Although I can’t complain about Paris, I must say. The skies are blue, even when fall weather hits! I’m so glad t see that your move went well and you’re adjusting happily to a new, warm weather life. And that you’re wearing peach denim shorts. Peach is a shade that I have an unbelievable soft spot for in spite of my love of monochrome and I always love to see it worn well :)

One thing I remember in London Cee was the wind, oh the wind…. my hair everywhere! I must have a zillion windy outtakes from that city lol. Glad to hear that the Paris experience is so far so good!

Love this shoes, and such a beautiful peach color of your shorts. No matter what you wear – everything looks so good on you, and you put all pieces of the outfit together so well and tasteful!

“Life as a fashion blogger is certainly much much easier in a place with very little rain or wind.” Hahaha oh how true! Love this guide, and that IS a perfect outfit for such hot weather!

Thanks for the great tips. I’m headed to Austin this weekend and plan to spend some time pool side myself. Was wondering if there were any fashion/style events happening around town or anything else I should check out while I’m there.

Hi Laura – check out Tribeza.com for fashion related news and events that’s a great source. Can’t think of anything specific this weekend but do wander along South Congress to check out the shops and 2nd Street. By George and Eleven Eleven are two of my favourites. Have fun!

Trackbacks