Chain Me Up: IN PINK Necklace, ASOS Dress & Reiss Clutch

You may recall, Blog Reader, that 2012 was THE year for me to accessorize.  Here in September I am still on the case, this time with the help of IN PINK whose website I adore.  The multiple search functions on the site allow me to hone in on my style of jewelry quickly.  This silver tone chain necklace with leather strap (quite possibly inspired by the amount of metal and leather around me in Austin currently) is a nice bold design.  The length of the necklace appeals to me for wearing with my longer, simple black dresses as a bit of a statement piece.

Some of my favourite styles on the IN PINK site currently are below:

From left to right: Silvertone Rhinestone Spikes Stretch Bracelet; Black and Rhinestone Bar Wrap BraceletMixed Metal Rhinestone Bars Necklace Set ‘Skyline’ Collection and the Turquoise Rhinestone Swirl Stretch Ring.

I think I will always remain faithful to simple, minimal styles and shapes Blog Reader, yet this year my eyes have been opened to the transformative power of something like a necklace, a bag, some killer heels… (I thank you, Nicholas Kirkwood and Rodarte).  What do you turn to first to ‘add’ to an outfit, Blog Reader?

Wearing: Dress from ASOS (closest matches here).  McDougal sandals (just seen) ALDO.  Clutch, Reiss. Necklace, IN PINK.  Photos by Lydia Hudgens.

Comments

First of all, you look gorgeous! I like how the necklace gives the dress some depth, and well, you work simplicity really well! The first thing I turn to ‘add’ to an outfit are usually bracelets :) I also prefer wearing longer necklaces now too!

Thanks Saran! I also have a bracelet from the INPINK site which I like – gold and chain like too, will post that soon. I never used to wear longer necklace styles but I think with the longer dresses they look really great. Thanks for stopping by!

I checked out their site and they have so many gorgeous things!! I wasn’t sure if they shipped internationally (US sites sometimes dont) but I’d love to see how you style your bracelet! I’m a fan of longer necklaces now because shorter ones get all sticky on my skin in this 38 degree heat!

I love that necklace on you – it’s just the right length for a dress like this and the leather detailing gives it just the right amount of edge. They have lovely jewelry at great prices…and their customer service is nothing short of amazing! :)

Accesorizing for men is tricky. I have been refining my accessories and learning that in my case less is more. But in winter I do break all the rules … An antique deco rhinestone broach on the lapel of my black wool overcoat. One needs a bit of daring sensational sparkle in January.

The power of accessories really is second to none – although I’m not the type of girl to stack bracelets regularly, but for me, an outfit is never complete without a pair of sparkly earrings. There is nothing that dresses up beautiful, basic black like a bit of sparkle, as you’ve illustrated beautifully in this look; that chain necklace practically pops off your dress!