Ballerina Blue: ASOS Body Con Midi Dress in Austin, Texas

Greetings from Austin, Blog Reader!  Recent travels have led me to Texas, meaning another wardrobe change and a few (um, major) adjustments to the heat and humidity.  Austin is an amazing city, full of great music, great food and shopping gems like Stag and Goorin Bros. which I’ll be sharing with you over the next few weeks.

Just before I arrived here I bought a few basic dresses from ASOS (ASOS: As Seen On Screen) for my day-to-day being out and about in the city.  Despite it being the end of summer the sun is blazing here and the temperature has been 100F (you’ll be seeing a lot of hats on StyleOnTheCouch, Blog Reader, as I try to find ways to protect my English-near-transculent-skin from the sunshine!)

This body conscious midi dress in blue has been a staple for evenings relaxing on the balcony, mornings over at Jo’s Coffee (picture, below) and my near habitual runs over to Amy’s Ice-creams.

The dress is a very simple fitted style with a ballerina / leotard detail around the neckline.  It comes in black, cream and pale blue.

It’s a simple dress for some simple Austin, Texas living.  And now if you’ll excuse me, Blog Reader, I must return to the pool…. :-)

Wearing: ASOS midi dress; Dorothy Perkins heels; Chain gold plated bracelet, Freddie & Cinnamon.  Photos: Lydia Hudgens.

Comments

Hi Alex and thank you for checking out the blog! I’ve been ‘friends’ with Cee for a while now, was really nice to write a guest post, especially since the move abroad was something we both have in common. Hope to see you here again soon x

How do you manage to stay so cool and lovely in that Texas heat? The dress is lovely but what arrested my attention most were two photos in particular. The picture where you are smiling brought to mind Vivien Leigh in “Gone With The Wind”. The second picture that got me was “Jo’s original sweet coffee drink! ICED TURBO!” and Breakfast Tacos! I don’t know which of the two pictures I like best. I shall be awake all night trying to figure it out.

I can report that the Migas tacos from Jo’s are the best. You should try them sometime! Thanks for your comment – as for staying cool, I’ve arrived at the end of the summer so it’s not been quite as humid as they have it here. Such a change from London. Amazing.

I am ashamed to say the ‘run’ is like a hop next door… having said that Austin is having a good effect on me, everyone here is super fit and outdoorsy so I’m trying to keep up with them! PS if you visit you must try these ice-creams

I’ve been following along with your Austin adventures for Instagram so far and I must say, you’ve handled the heat with such grace and style! I’m practically melting in the late summer heat in Paris and my outfits have undoubtedly been less than fashionable :) Although, it would be hard for anyone to pull off this type of bodycon dress quite the way you do – the leotard-detail suits your ballerina-esque physique just perfectly. And kudos to you, my monochrome-loving friend, for choosing the blue over black :)

I thank you for that comment Cee, I did a little patting myself on the back for choosing blue over black! I’m heading over to your blog today to catch up on your Paris adventures. Look forward to reading!

Dear Sarah, it looks like you are still in full summer mood and you look great in the ASOS dress! Can you believe that I discovered ASOS only recently and thanks to the blog because so many bloggers are wearing this lovely label?! How are you doing in Austin? May I ask you for how long are you going to stay there? I think your life is more nomadic than mine!

I love this Ballerina inspired dress! You’re body is AMAZING by the way, and I’m really glad you opted for blue rather than black. I totally would have gone for black, but I love the softness of this pale blue color. Looks great against your skin tone, and you super dark hair.

Great choice.
    I also love ASOS I just discovered some great bodysuits that I might purchase. I was thinking this one, http://www.asos.com/Freddy/Freddy-Short-Sleeved-Leotard/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?via=rec&iid=2450047

but you’d probably prefer this one

xoxo