Nine West x Pose Style Challenge Wk 4 (Black Peplum Dress)

In this week’s Nine West x Pose challenge I’m getting back to a style I know well.  This black dress is from Zara, a lovely fitted shape with a broken peplum ruffle around the waistline.  There is something undeniably flirty about this kind of design – great for all shapes, the peplum frill will cinch in your waist and produce some ladylike flair in a matter of seconds.

The MsFabulous caged sandals are this week accompanied with a little metallic; a gold bag and bracelet along with some vibrant red nails.  Black, blood red, shiny gold and roccia-inspired print makes week four.  My pictures are up on the Nine West page of Pose if you want to vote by ‘loving’ the style – this action automatically enters you into a competition to win a pair of these sandals.

Photos by Lydia Hudgens.
Wearing: Dress from Zara; heels from Nine West; Bracelet, JewelMint.  Bag, gift from a friend.  Thank you to Anne for treating me to the red nails at TenOverTen in NYC.

I’m in Austin until Sunday so this Friday’s lingerie feature will be a guest post by a friend of mine who I consider somewhat of an expert in gorgeous underthings.  She has a real treat for you this week!

Comments

You look absolutely gorgeous in this dress. And the shoes make the outfit. Your expression, too, of course. This is the prettiest that you’ve ever looked. Very nice, British fashion girl. :D

You are stunning, the shoes, the dress, your hair, just perfect, I AM speechless and peplum dresses or skirts are so in vogue now. By the way I was trying to find how to become your follower, couldn’t find it, Can you give me directions on how to do it. Thank you

Actually, I figured it out, I am used to google blog, it just looks different, I SIGNED IN TO YOUR posts, look forward to new ones, you are an example on how women have to look. Very classy!

Hi Olga – I am just catching up on my reading after my vacation, thanks so much for signing up! If there is anything you’d like to see here let me know. Look forward to talking fashion with you x

I really love the outfits you’ve been coming up with for the Pose challenge – and I have a particular affinity for this one because I have the skirt version of this dress from Zara and it’s my absolute favourite piece in my wardrobe right now. In fact, I’m wearing it as I type this! Of course, I don’t suppose there was ever really much doubt that we have many of the same predilictions where clothing is concerned :) I just have to say, also, that Lydia does such an incredible job of photographing you. If my visit to NYC ever happens (more on that via email), I would have to make a shoot with her part of my itinerary!

I also saw the skirt version -very pretty. As you know I’m a dress girl but I agree, I can understand completely why we are both attracted to this feminine number. Thank you for your email, Cee x

Well I do get some terrific help from Lydia who photographs me for the blog. Let’s check out this DIY, I might save myself a little cash in the process – thanks for letting me know you wrote about this!

Sarah, you look absolutely beautiful in that Zara dress and I really like how you accessorised the minimalist look with animal prit and gold touches, simply perfect. I’ve never been a huge fan of peplum, but looking at your pictures, I think I’m changing my mind…I wish you a great time and lot of sunshine in Austin!

Caterina – I had a couple of dresses with a peplum frill from Reiss a few years back. I’ve worn them consistently since so that was the drive towards buying this newer version. It’s a great LBD for a night out x

Wait a minute, let me see if I can wrangle up my feelings on this ensemble…

You have an absolute gift when it comes to color and choosing the best palette for yourself. This is a stunner. I would be willing to get myself into a whole mess of trouble if I stumbled upon you galavanting through the West Village.

Bravo, Daisy! BRAVO!!