Atsuko Kudo Latex Skirt

If I were an actress and not a psychologist, Blog Reader, I should quite happily have taken on the role of Trinity in the Matrix, or Catwoman, but would likely have most of all enjoyed the role of Selene in Underworld.  Played by Kate Beckinsdale, Selene gets a killer wardrobe for her role of Death Dealing (and Kate also gets to wear a whole lot of other amazing sci fi fashion as Lori in the remake of Total Recall soon).

With no catsuits or vampires at hand (that I know of), I’m enjoying a little drama of my own with this amazing new latex skirt from Atsuko Kudo, known to me following the brand’s collaborations with Lascivious lingerie.  You may well be aware of Atsuko Kudo designs already – worn by Lady Gaga, Rhianna (in her S&M music video) and seen on Kate Moss in I.D Magazine.

This Lady P Pencil skirt is a piece of clothing for women who want to feel beautiful, feminine and strong.  I understand the fetish aspect to latex, since the material is like a second skin and very transformative for the wearer.  In a fashion sense, this translates to a latex garment being super sexy, strong and provocative and Atsuko Kudo has a wide range of clothing in this theme, from lingerie to outerwear but also accessories: hats and bags.

Photos: Lydia Hudgens.  (If you look closely you might just see her reflected in my skirt.)

Styling this skirt is quite a challenge.  Depending how bold you want to go, you can have a lot of fun with it.  Here I paired it with my sandals from Mango and a plain tee from Reiss.  There are two versions of this skirt; one with a box pleat and one with a zip.  I went for the zip which allows some versatility in freedom of movement but I find the pleat very pretty too.

The skirt comes in several colours in both plain and printed latex.  There is also a mini version.

I was thinking as I wrote this post that StyleOnTheCouch has always been more than just a fashion blog (to me at least), often I think of it as a diary of my personal style evolution and this post is very much part of that process.  I’m reminded to say a big thank you to all of you who check in from time to time to grow with me.  Thanks so much for reading xo

I’ll be posting Atsuko Kudo’s lingerie collection on a future Friday, so stay tuned!

Wearing: Lady P Plain Pencil Skirt from Atsuko Kudo. Sandals, Mango.  Top, Reiss.

Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Facebook

Comments

I had this made to measure for that reason so I’m happy to hear that! The zip goes all the way up and down the back so it isn’t a struggle to get on, but I do think it will take a ‘confident’ day for me to wear it due to the fit too!

WOow AND this SM CHIC(icious) finery, its “Corporate Mistress” vibrancy, is enough to electrify the atmosphere, effect that the zip option, full of fantastical virtualities, achieves to electrify I (very very very shyly) must add (“Wink from an Expert ès Sexy § Glam forecasts”) !
    à Bientôt, Antoine

I love that phrase – insanely sexy :-) Thanks for the vote of confidence. I do get the fetish aspect to a style like this, but I agree that it can be worn in a different way, super chic, powerful dressing, a great style. x

ps thanks so much for your blog support and your comments, I’m behind on my own reading due to so much travel this month but will stop by RiverCityFashion very soon x

Makes your waist look tiny!! I’m in awe of the way they’ve cut this. I love the way you’ve styled it too – something so eyecatching works well within a minimalist outfit. I like the turquoise colour. I’d never wear it myself though – they’d be more than a few raised eyebrows around here! ;)

Sarah my first thought was to go for the cream actually – and I am considering another colour for this too. It’s such a great piece to have for that something different.

ps a few raised eyebrows here too!

OK, so you, in that skirt = DYNAMITE! Love. And I want it. But the burning question in my head is: Will I sweat to death in it? Is it really practical, meaning, can I wear it to dinner on date night and not have sweat running down my legs, or die of heatstroke? Cause I’m dubious, even though I’m super-attracted to this kind of borderline fetish look.

Wow. Latex is not a fabric that I have for one instant associated with high fashion, style or elegance… Until I saw this post. You really do have a knack for styling, particularly monochromatic pieces, and by putting yourself in it, you instantly took this design to a new level of sophistication. Although I have to admit that I a: do not understand the Underworld series and b: have no plans to experiment with latex fashions any time in the foreseeable future, you do call to mind Kate Beckinsale’s death dealing character and make the possibility of dressing like a fantasy character seem infinitely more appealing to conversatively dressed girls like me :)

5. rosalovesdc says

Stunning skirt. And I must say that I would have never thought of latex to be so elegant until I saw this skirt and the way you style it. Great styling.

We hope that all designers follow their own instincts and try to break down other doors as latex is a fabric for all to enjoy and each designer should offer their own take on that.

Trackbacks