StyleOnTheCouch Loves: Three Floor Fashion

Refinery 29 named Three Floor Fashion one of their labels to watch this year.  I’ve also had my eye on this emerging brand who are creating affordable, contemporary and cutting edge designs.  Three Floor have put together some beautiful lookbooks for their collections – the current one reminds me of Bertolucci’s film ‘The Dreamers’ with its romantic colours and youthful styling.  For summer a sensual palette of cool white, apricot and blush pink meets with a little drama in the bolder, brighter tones of crimson, aqua and navy.

Image above, left to right: Poser Skater DressNew Girl Dress and Hoxton Dress.

I own the Element Dress from Three Floor Fashion, a bodycon style with velvet bandage detail:

I’m almost loathe to share (!) but I’ve had my eye on this Hidden Gems dress for a few weeks now (image below, dress on the left).  Mesh, lace and pleated chiffon tick a lot of boxes for me this summer:

Below: Another of my favourite dresses from Three Floor, the French Exchange Midi Dress.  With contrasting panelling in the colours rouge red and nude this is a very striking summer piece. I especially like the sheer and flirty pleats:

Although I have focussed largely on the dresses from Three Floor in this post, the brand have several separates too.  The Race Sequin Shorts and Sun ‘Del’ Ray Dip Hem Shirt make for a very hip summer outfit.  Another of my favourites (yes, there are many, ahem) is the Bare Neath Peplum Top, a very cute mesh and neoprene design with clever geometric contouring to give the illusion of nipped waist.

Above: a selection of dresses from Three Floor.  Below: the Delight Dress, currently available for pre-preorder.  Another two-tone number with nude and aqua panels, it has a unique two level skirt – not one of those ‘high low’ designs but skirt-cape kind of style.

I like my Element Dress for its luxe feel and interesting cut out pattern.  It’s something very different for me and I’ve been wearing it with my Helmut Lang jacket and Dorothy Perkins black patent pumps (closest match here).

I hope you do check out Three Floor Fashion sometime, Blog Reader – they are creating some very innovative and affordable designs, so don’t miss out!

Wearing: Element Dress, Three Floor Fashion.  Outfit photos by Lydia Hudgens.  Additional photos: Three Floor Fashion.

Comments

There is a very floaty, romantic feel for their summer collection I agree… I saw a very similar dress to that red one in the new Reiss line for fall, seems red is a very ‘in’ colour right now? (ps Saw your tweet about the blog comments, hope you’re not taking it too much to heart?)

Hi! That is such a beautiful dress you have on! The style is so unique and chic! If only I had a party to wear it too :) the Hidden Gems dress looks so pretty, the color stands out so elegant! Blue and aqua are definitely in this summer :) I will check out Three Floor Fashion, seems like my kind of fashion style :)
    Adri

Hey Adri – look forward to seeing your next set of travel pics – I’ll give you a shout if and when I post some pics of the hidden gems maxi and I bought it just the other day x

I never cease to be impressed by the wonderful lines you introduce on your blog, but I think that Three Floor Fashion has stolen my heart more than any other thus far. It should come as no surprise that the French exchange dress caught my eye instantly – the choice between red and aqua is almost too much to bear. Perhaps since the line is, as you say, affordable, I could have both?

I love the piece you chose, I can’t think of somethign that you better fit your wardrobe and aesthetic. And I’m a sucker for velvet detail :)

Hi Cee – I’ve seen quite a few velvet fabrics in fall collections for later in the year. I wonder if we’re returning to a more ‘luxe’ substantial feel after the sheer and floaty fabrics from summer? I’m pleased that you like Three Floor as much as me, they are a very romantic looking line this summer, which could be why they steal our hearts a little!

Hi Amy and thank you so much for stopping by – I just checked out your blog, I’ve seen you in a fabulous pair of cat’s eye sunglasses, I’m looking for a similar pair in white right now….