Nine West x Pose Style Challenge: Week 2 (The Daisy Duke)

In week two of my Nine West x Pose Style Challenge, it’s Daisy Duke time.

This week I’m styling my MsFabulous sandals around my favourite denim cut-offs from GAP – a rare appearance of the legs on the blog I think you’ll agree, but since I lost last week’s challenge (we won’t dwell on that) the gloves are off – along with the trousers.

I always liked the character of Daisy Duke from The Dukes of Hazard.  She had a habit of getting herself into trouble but was always well-meaning (if a little of an air head at times). Her kind-hearted, innocent nature and well, her ability to handle weapons, ride horses and pretty much do anything required to get her and the boys out of a sticky situation made her pretty impressive in my book.  That and the shorts. The shorts were quite cool too*.

So Blog Reader, get over to Pose later today, follow @NineWest and cast your vote in the challenge by ‘loving’ my style (if you do!) – with this action you’ll be entered into a competition to win a pair of Nine West shoes and my legs and I will be eternally grateful.

Wearing: Sandals by Nine West; Bag, ASOS; Denim shorts and oxford shirt, both GAP.  Bracelet, Bordelle.  Sunglasses, GUESS.

*Let me be clear, she is no Wonder Woman, who remains my number one shorts-wearing-style-icon.  With far better hot-pants than Daisy, an invisible plane and a golden lasso that not only snared villains but forced people to tell the truth she was just brilliant.  The Wonder Woman outfit just didn’t work with the sandals.

Nine West approached me to take part in this challenge and are sponsoring my stylish efforts.  I decided to take on this challenge as I am a fan of Nine West, having purchased several of their styles in the past. You’ve likely seen me wearing Nine West before, for example here and here.  For this challenge however Nine West supplied me with these shoes free of charge and I’m sharing this with you because it’s a little different to my usual features.  And so, let the styling fun continue!

Comments

1. KShort says

Okay love those shoes!! and if I had those legs I’d be showing them off too!!
    Lookin’ good kid :)
    xx
    shortpresents.blogspot.com

This is a great style post. The shoes are awesome and I really respect the fact that you posted the disclaimer at the bottom – I highly respect that!

The whole outfit is so casual and chic, I wish I looked like that on a daily basis. Also, although I often think that shorts and heels can be a no-no, you nailed the look looking so effortless and beautiful and this is what I admire.

You are a real, and I must underline honest, style guru! :)

I’m so dismayed to hear that you didn’t win the last challenge – you more than deserved, especially in that gorgeous dress! But I think you really did come out swinging this time. I can’t think of a more impressive pair of legs than yours. They are practically crying out for a pair of Daisy Dukes and although yours would be even better if they were emblazoned with stars, a la Wonder Woman, I have to agree; they just wouldn’t have gone with the shoes :) You have my vote once again (and always.)

And come out swinging you have, what a fabulous summer look. I love pairing heels and shorts and you have done this wonderfully! I finally jumped on the Pose bandwagon (finally upgraded back to an iphone) so I’m following and voting away for you!
    xx
    Jessica

What sexy legs you have!! Those jeans look awesome on you and the shoes are to die for! Love the laid back, yet chic styling! Looking gorgeous as ever

xx

6. CinZilicious says

Wow, i really love this outfit and it’s very summery. I’m so envious of your long and lean legs, hehe.

This casual style with those killer snake skin heels and chi brown bag goes all too well together!!! An eye for style indeed dear ;-)

Cinz