Let’s Party Inside My (ASOS) Salon…

Salon [ˈsælɒn]
1. a room in a large house in which guests are received
2. an assembly of guests in a fashionable household, esp a gathering of major literary, artistic, and political figures from the 17th to the early 20th centuries
3. (Business / Commerce) a commercial establishment in which hairdressers, beauticians, etc., carry on their businesses; beauty salon
4. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Art Terms)  a.  a hall for exhibiting works of art  b.  such an exhibition, esp one showing the work of living artists (Definition from here.)

ASOS Salon is part of the ASOS (‘As Seen On Screen’) own brand collection.  Launched last year, The Salon is inspired by the best of recent decades.   A small but perfectly formed range of dresses and playsuits - summery, sugary and feminine – conjures up images of tea parties, walks in the park, trips to stately homes and picnics by the lake…

My favourite piece from the collection is this midi floral print prom dress, above.  The skirt is lined with mesh to give it volume, which, when accompanied with the bodice style high waist and pleats give it a 50s feel.  Add a little ombre however and we’re back to the current century in a snap.

The collection is marketed as occasionwear and I find the prices quite reasonable for the styles.  I haven’t yet bought a dress (I saw a preview of one I believe is yet to be released) so I can’t speak for the quality, does anyone own a Salon piece already who could tell us?

There is some lovely attention to detail here.  Embroidery, floral embellishment and elaborate cut outs decorate prom styles and pencil shapes created in a palette of ice-cream shades.  A sprinkling of accessories are the cherry on the cake for this statement collection.

Who’s for tea in the park, Blog Reader? See anything you like?

Images: ASOS.

Comments

1. dempeaux says

When I got an email from Asos about this collection I hoped you’d write a piece on it! Thankyou! Needless to say, I love this collection. That midi dress is my favourite too. That lace playsuit would make such cute sleepwear, and the bodice on the floral beandeau dress reminds me a bit of a Zac Posen design (I’m obsessed) :)

I did also think of the romper/playsuit as sleepwear. I could also see it working for a beach holiday, like a cover up. I looked at some of your Zac Posen styles! Amazing. I’m thinking of writing a feature, watch this space. You are obsessed though lol.

• dempeaux says

That is so exciting! I can’t thank you enough for having a look! I’d love to know what you think :)

I was just visiting Asos online today but I somehow missed the salon collection – I’m so glad you decided to write a piece on it, I would have hated to miss out on that gorgeous Pretty Dress in Floral Applique! Although my bank account can hardly handle the strain, I’m off to see it in person right now :)

That dress is lovely – very Erdem don’t you think? Have you seen the Revive range? Designed by Ebru Ercon (used to head design at Stella M for Adidas). It is a fab range – sporty but super feminine. I’ve ordered 3 pieces already :)

Fabulous post! I adore ASOS and this collection looks incredibly sweet and feminine. The colors and silhouettes look super complimentary and flattering!