I Like To Do The Splits.

This weekend, Blog Reader, I took the opportunity to sort through my wardrobe. Space in Manhattan being limited (and not being blessed with a Carrie Bradshaw walk in closet) I do this every so often to find new combinations and styles within the clothing / accessories I own.  I also made a mental list* of the pieces I would like to take back to Europe with me in a couple of weeks.

I found this striped dress I bought at Urban Outfitters last summer – I wore it a great deal during my road trip around the west coast of America (you can read those travel posts here, here and here) but for some reason it never made it on StyleOnTheCouch back then…. it’s a simple striped style with a flattering scoop neckline and a cute little skirt split** at the front.

The label in the dress is Lazerade by Veda, a brand I’ve been able to find out relatively little about so if you’re familiar with it, please leave me a comment below!  Sunday was a lovely warm day in the city, perfect for a little walk around the East Village to visit some of my favourite shops. I also caught up on my writing, I’ve got some great features coming up this week – two new collections I’m super excited about and a style inspiration feature too.

Hope you had a fabulous weekend! xo

Wearing: Lazerade by Veda Rosemary Dress, Urban Outfitters; Heels, Zara (no longer available but similar here); Scallop Edge Cross Body Satchel (available only in Lilac), ASOS; Fluoro Skinny Belt, also ASOS.

*As opposed to an actual list.  I’m not that organised.

**Yes, Blog Reader, we can indeed call the last photo ‘Sarah’s Leg’.

Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Facebook

Comments

I agree I wore it heaps around San Francisco and for the drive along the Big Sur. It’s also a bit throw on-throw off in my mind, a dress you don’t have to worry about but looks ‘different’ on, so feels special. Packing it for Europe, for sure! xo ps did you come out of the library yet?

You’ve just reminded me there is a pair on Zara right now I really like. Things do move very quickly on that site don’t they! Don’t Zara do half sizes? I swear I saw some in store the other day…

Love how you’ve mixed last summer’s trend of stripes (though I don’t think that will ever go away) with neon. Loving neon right now!

Olivia

I agree, stripes remains one of those very classic looks. This belt it about the only neon you’ll see me in, although I like many of the fluorescent accessories around right now. What do you own in neon Olivia?

That photo was just so funny, isn’t it difficult sometimes because you want to show something off, but end up kinda ‘over’ posing? Well it made me laugh too so I though I might as well keep it in :-) Thanks so much for stopping by @PPFGirl! x

I find Urban Outfitters a bit hit and miss for clothes but I found a lovely dress for winter and then this and the pink mini in the times I visited. Are your UO stores quite big? Here they always seem MASSIVE with so much stock, almost like a TopShop…

Ooh love shopping my closet! Definitely need to clean out your closet when you have a tiny Manhattan closet to make room for new purchases :)

Ever stylish my dear Sarah…can’t believe this fabulous dress has never been featured before. Love it on you. I must say..I remember a time when you RARELY wore accessories at all…and now look at you…neon belt, bright colored bag and colored cap toe pumps…..talk about a transformation…you have ALWAYS been styled beautifully..but really been loving your looks lately.
    C

I never would have guessed that your dress came from Urban Outfitters, it’s such a perfectly classic and versatile piece – although I love UO, that isn’t really a style I associate with their collections. What a lovely surprise! I can’t believe it’s been hanging in your closet since last summer and I’m so glad you’ve finally brought it out to show off. It looks especially lovely paired with your neon belt :)

5. rosalovesdc says

Just like Angie Jolie, I love it! I kind of like your pose and outfit much better though.
    I am so glad you decided to wear that pretty dress, it’s lovely.

6. everydayglamour says

Ha, ha! You shopped your closet and look-y what you found! You know Ms. EDG approves, *nodding head up and down*
    Stunning legs.

7. eliseg25 says

Yipes stripes! That dress looks great on you – especially with that length of lean leg you’re showing off! But I don’t think stripes are for everyone (or at least not me). I’m 5’10” and when I did try an outfit with vertical stripes, which elongate the body, I looked like some sort of designer barber pole. Not my finest fashion moment. But I’d gladly wear those shoes or that belt.

This is the perfect summer outfit! I’m so happy to see yellow :) your purse is so pretty the color I am in love with this color right now! I saw a pair of cute skinny jeans of that color in H&M!! I’m going this weekend, I hope I see them again so I can buy them!