Hell For Leather.

I first saw these Tom Gunn Penn heels back in September when I met designers Gabrielle Thompson and Shannon Gunn at Caspule.  They invited me to their preview event in NYC where I saw their full autumn / winter collection, a unique series of shoes, all individually styled, created from mixed textures and contrasting colours.  The bone / orange colours are unlike anything I own in footwear, so it took me a while to get the styling right in terms of what to pair them with.

Here I’m back to black – in an outfit I’m most likely packing for the UK next week. These Gap skinnies and my J Crew Blythe Blouse are probably the most versatile pieces I own.  The silk blouse is available in some amazing colours – a ‘bright sun’ neon yellow, vibrant ‘marrakech purple’ and a hot pink ‘neon rose’ but you know me, Blog Reader, I own alabaster and black and that’s perfect for my style.

This is one of my favourite weekend outfits.  My bag here is by The Frye Company, who do a lovely set of messenger bag styles – this Cameron Crossbody fits a tablet and all the daily necessities in an attractive antique leather style.  It’s the perfect partner for my leather cuffs, which are finally relaxing a bit after some wear.

I also think, Blog Reader, this outfit might just prove that five months into my mission to accessorise, accessorise, accessorise, I might just have cracked it.  Belt? Check.  Bag? Check. Cuffs? Check (check). Sunglasses? Check.

Mission no longer impossible. Mission = completed.

Any fashion goals for you this year, Blog Reader?

Wearing: J Crew Blythe Blouse; Tom Gunn Penn heels; Frye Cameron Magazine Crossbody; Fleet Ilya Corner Studded Cuffs in nude; Skinny Legging Jean from Gap. Belt, Dorothy Perkins; Sunglasses, GUESS.
Photos: Lydia Hudgens.
Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Facebook

Comments

I do not know how you manage to walk in these heels.
    My fashion goal this year, if I really do move back to France, will be to readjust my wardrobe to yet another country. Leggings, mini-skirts… I’ll have to say goodbye to them.

Always looking trendy Sarah! Those shoes are incredible!! I love going to the UK! Will you be there for the Olympics? :) do you work at a fashion magazine job? It’s nice visiting your blog, you inspire me to dress stylish :) thank you!!
    ~Adri

I can’t wear those cuffs in the hot Viet Nam weather, but I’ll have to check out that J. Crew blouse. Love this look!

4. dempeaux says

Love this look! I need a pair of those jeans urgently. Just gorgeous! The shoes are so chic, and I really like the antique look of the bag.

Love the outfit! Mission accomplished :D That bag is quite something, it sums up your whole outfit well – and British people do like their leather satchels ;) I don’t really have any fashion goals this year…more like I need to work out more (oops) :D

When I saw this outfit, my first thought was that I can’t think of a look that better sums up your style – perfectly tailored black pieces with classic, but unique, accessories. Those shoes from Tom Gunn are really something else. I love the gold detailing. And yet, even though they’re a statement piece and you have a gorgeous bag, sunglasses and two cuffs on, you don’t look over accessorized. Mission – definitely completed :)

7. eliseg25 says

I LOVE the shoes! I’m a huge fan of orange and cream together (maybe because I loved creamsicles as a kid!), and combine those colors in a nice supple leather and you’ve got a piece to die for.

8. everydayglamour says

OK, this is ridiculously chic! I love it all…but the shoes make the outfit!!!! You look incredible.

It goes without saying that you have some the best style. Those shoes are fabulous! However, that messenger bag really caught my eye. I’m a sucker for high heels and functional bags!