Friday Lingerie Lust: Marika Vera

Marika Vera‘s strapline ‘Better Than Naked’ is truth*.  The moment I saw their forthcoming autumn winter 2012 collection Queen Of The Galaxy I knew our Friday was made, Blog Reader:

“While the United States had Wonder Woman, Europe had Barbarella, a secret agent who would go on missions to other planets to protect Earth – all the while surviving the deadly Orgasmatron and using the power of seduction to control men and keep the world at peace….”

Tapping into all my our superheroine fantasies, Marika Vera’s series of bodysuits, kimono wraps and lingerie sets have been designed in stretch velvet, chiffon, silk and tulle fabrics which have a wonderful feel against the skin.  A palette of rich purples; amethyst, fuchsia and violet – are the psychedelic shades that bring the collection to life.

I have two favourites from this collection.  First of all, the June Culotte (second image and below) a stretch silk satin brief in high waist, retro style with stretch tulle details and some delightfully placed cut-outs. Second is the Sue Catsuit, a marvellous stretch tulle design with satin elastic binder and some very ‘discrete’ yet practical cut outs.

“Marika Vera exists to empower women, to inspire them to live sensually in a pleasing and sophisticated way for themselves and others.”

Is there anything I need to add to this?  Happy Friday Lingerie Lust, Blog Reader!  You can buy Marika Vera from Faire Frou Frou, Assiere and Bella Bella Boutique.  Stay tuned for the release of Queen Of The Galaxy this summer.

*To be distinguished from my gym‘s strapline “Look Better Naked”, which always gets me working out, pronto.

Comments

Hey there! Oh yes that first gown is pretty spectacular. I’ve always wanted to indulge in a piece like this for lounging around, I’m seriously considering investing in Marika Vera this summer x

Love, love love this line! I’ve been lusting after the Nydia bodysuit and a few others for a little while now. The UK produces such amazing lingerie designers.

It is true that I often look to the UK first for innovation in lingerie design. When we meet for coffee I’d love to share brands we have in common and new labels – I’m pretty sure there are some US designers I need to feature. I’m enlisting your help!

2. eliseg25 says

Ooh la la! Everything about this post is saying “buy me”. I love the purple robe (what a fabulous rich color), I love the picture of the beautiful superhero with her high-tech gun, I love the seductive description of their upcoming collection (although I think I’d need super-powers to be able to resist the power of the Orgasmatron!!)

When it comes down to Barbarella versus Wonder Woman, I have to admit that I’m a bad North American and pick Barbarella every time – there is just something about a uniform emblazoned with stars and stripes that doesn’t scream sex appeal to me :) Barbarella, on the other hand, is a superheroine truly worthy of a lingerie line designed with her in mind. And I’m just loving the results, particularly the June Culotte, which really gives new meaning to the concept of high-waisted!

Bad North American indeed but I completely see the greater appeal of Barbarella! That culotte brief is a fabulous design, cutouts in all the rights places. I saw something similar at Agent Provocateur but in black, and I love the rick purples here. Cee are there any designers you would like to see featured here? I’ve been asking around my friends for their favourite brands. Let me know! x

Trackbacks