You’ve Got The Power To Know: You’re Indestructible.

The search for the perfect white shirt is never an easy one.  I found this gorgeous Klara buttondown at Anthropologie at the start of the year and I haven’t stopped wearing it since.  Made from oh-so-sheer silk it has a fabulous feel and a wonderful flow along the asymmetric hem.  Recently I’ve been styling it with the front tied together but I’m usually wearing it loose and untucked, as I did for London Fashion Weekend, here.

I can tell I am reacting to the floral explosion this spring since I’m craving monochrome lately.  But my recent monochrome comes dressed with metal (you’ll surely see this theme develop on the blog over the next few months).  Case in point – I’m utterly obsessed with these Wing High Sandals from the Unique collection at Topshop.

One of my purchases from February’s trip to London, I agonised over the practicality of these shoes in store (the thought process: “so, these are sandals but really they seem like a boot.  They seem like a boot but they are a boot with a peep toe. Hmm.  And cutouts. But really they are sandals and I do like them.  Hmm. I don’t need them, but hey everyone can live without fashion.  I like them. A LOT.“)

The point, Blog Reader, is not actually one related to practicality.  The point, Blog Reader, is that I feel like Wonder Woman. And that’s reason enough for me.

With their gold metallic heels and winged detail they are a truly unique design.  Available in black leather/gold or off white/gold I’m off to a flying start (Could. Not. Resist) wearing a motif which was a huge for fall 2012. I’d say this was a small stepping stone (again, could not resist) along the way to me being head to toe in gold come the Christmas parties – anyone want to buy me this gorgeous Ralph Lauren gown?

Wearing: Legging jean from GAP; Wing High Sandals, Topshop.  Klara shirt from the Liefsdottir collection at Anthropologie. Clutch from ASOS (closest matches here).

How are you wearing your metallics Blog Reader?  (Alternatively – do you own any superhero-themed-clothing? Do share!)

Photos: Lydia Hudgens.
Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Facebook

Comments

Did you get the shoes in the black of the cream/gold? At the time I bought mine I wasn’t aware that the shoes can in two different colours. I love how they look – how do you style yours?

I got the black ones as well, yeah they really remind me of the American flag adidas trainers and Vivienne Westwood also released winged flatforms about 2 or 3 years ago! I think our styles are very similar because I usually wear them with a sheer chiffon blouse, leather jacket and black skinny jeans, but accessorizing with a nice pair of shades and interesting earrings is always a must for me!

Omg I just saw that shirt in blue at Anthropologie today and I wanted it SOOO badly but the tails in the back would drag on me :( It’s such an awesome look!

Yes unfortunately I don’t think that style will work for you at all. I’d say get it altered but really that’s such a faff. I toyed with the idea of the blue colour when I first saw this in store, I think the blue would look great with a simple pair of jeans or flares…..

Hi Winn! At first I thought oversized would drown out the other accents in the outfit but I quite liked how the look came together in the end. Thanks for stopping by again! x

They’re called jeggings! Hehehe I’m sorry that I wasn’t at Bollare when you came to visit – hope you’ll be making another visit soon! Would’ve been amazing to meet you!

“Legging jean” I think you’ll find Gap call them lol. Great to finally meet you Kristen! If you fancy grabbing coffee sometime let me know. I’m sure I’ll pop by your office again soon xo

I know just what you mean, Sarah, because I’ve been reacting to the florals this season in the same way! I’ve acquired a few – plain coloured – pastel pieces but apart from that, everything on my shopping list is black and white! At least we know what we like :) I must say, I think you’ve mastered the art of finding unique monochromatic pieces. Those sandals in particular are such an unusual style; they really do have a wonderful air of Wonder Woman about them. And the best thing about monochromatic dressing is, it makes it so easy to pull off wild and wonderful things like winged sandals :)

So glad you kept those shoes. I remember you showing me them at Sanderson London. I actually love how they look on – they look superlative on. Really seeing them in person did no justice to the overall look when they are on. I really like the oversized clutch, and how it works with the outfit as a whole. Top notch darling! x

Hahahaha Wonder Woman!! Perfect reason to get those shoes – it reminds me of Cupid’s wings! I’d SO totally wear it with one of those dominatrix Herve Lerger dresses :D