StyleOnTheCouch Loves: Madison Marcus

Let me introduce you, Blog Reader, to Madison Marcus.  One of my most exciting fashion finds so far here in the US, I’m drawn to this label for its blend of grown-up femininity and playfulness.  Madison Marcus is quite an established brand, with collections running back to 2006. I first featured them on the blog back in January, styling this blouse from their fall 2011 line.  Designer Jessica Sturman manages to keep the label very fresh each season, never straying too far from ultra-feminine silhouettes and a lovely attention to detail.  I’m particularly excited about their fall 2012 collection; a mix of bold colour (aquamarine, cerulean blue and crimson), geometric prints, stripes and shimmer.

However, back in Austin it’s sunny springtime and this scalloped hem short dress is perfect for my day.  Made from silk, with lovely open back detail (I’ll be sure to take more photos of the dress in NYC and introduce you properly to more of Jessica Sturman’s designs, Blog Reader) and bustier style it’s already a firm holiday favourite.

You can buy Madison Marcus in many stores across New York City (Bloomingdales stock the line, who also ship internationally) and from several online boutiques, including Shopbop.  A full list of stockists can be found on the Madison Marcus website.

See you back in NYC at the weekend, Blog Reader!

P.s. These photos show the beginning of a tan. Honestly.

Wearing: Dress, Madison Marcus; Shoes, Nine West; Sunglasses, GUESS.

Comments

The silk feels good against the skin as well as giving it a little more of a ‘chic’ feel. I’m going to post again on Madison Marcus soon – you’ll have to let me know if you like what you see then, too.

What a pretty, playful dress, Sarah! The scalloped hem is absolutely darling. I don’t know much about Madison Marcus, although I had heard of it. This post has definitely inspired me to do some further investigation!

Hi Marlon – I wore this dress both day and night on vacation, in the day time just simple with a few accessories and at night time with a little blazer and some high heels. I’m hoping to post about Madison Marcus again in the near future so watch this space!

We totally get what you mean. Our designer for BLANDON focuses on creating the garment that takes you from work and meetings to dinner and a night out with great company. By adding your own accessories, applicable to either day or night, a dress like the one you wore or one from BLANDON (smile), can get you through your entire day looking chic. Looking forward to more of your posts!

What a lovely dress! I love soft & light colors :) speaking of tans I need a tan too thank goodness summer is almost here I want to go to the beach ^^
    I hope you had a wonderful time in Austin!!
    Adri

Hi Adri I had a fabulous time in Austin, it’s such a great place to escape too after the hustle and bustle of NYC. For the tan I might have to resort to the bottle for summer, if you find a good beach though, let me know….!

another gorgeous garment – would love to raid your closet! and yes, i can see the beginning stages of some color, congrats – i need this too ;) ;)
    xo

4. mpchouchou says

I see the tan! I do! And I love Madison Marcus, they have such excellent quality and on trend basics. You look lovely in this cream color too! Sending you an email shortly, we are overdue.