Retro Swim

Dear Blog Reader, I’m now back In Gotham City and already missing the Texan heat.  If anyone is reading this in Austin and would like to give me a job there please send an email STAT – will blog and/or analyse for sun.

So, I pretty much hung out by Barton Springs most of this past week on holiday.   I’ve likely returned to NYC as pale and pasty as I arrived (I have two shades, English rose and lobster pink, hardly anything in between *sigh*) but no matter.  I was content to wear my lemonade Starboard one-piece by the fabulous Zinke Intimates, sitting on the banks of the lake and watching the world go by…

A capsule collection within my closet now belongs to Zinke.  I adore their lingerie collection which for 2012 brings us styles named Montauk, First Kiss, Summer Crush, Fireside, Scout and XOXO in a line that encapsulates a youthful summer. It conjures up images of holiday romances and student crushes on long, hot summer days and nights.

You can see me style Zinke’s All Things Nice lace jumper from fall 2011 here on the blog.

Image of Zinke Swim above: Pretty Little Underthings.

I reviewed Zinke Swim on StyleOnTheCouch after attending the collection launch – a very stylish party held in the space at top of the New Museum in Manhattan.  You can read that feature here.  A wonderfully retro-modern collection of one-pieces, swim separates and cover ups designed in a delightfully bright and pastel color scheme with some bold geometric (chevron) prints – it’s a fun, flirty and aesthetically pleasing collection.  The addition of bang on trend details like the peplum skirt in the Starboard swimsuit (which is just that, a skirt that is not attached so the suit can be worn with or without) makes this a very fashion forward line for the beach this summer.

Speaking of which, it’s not long until I head back to Europe for a quick stop in London before a short break along the south coast of Turkey for a friend’s wedding, Blog Reader.  If you’ve ever found yourself in this part of the world (Kalkan, Olympos around around) please leave me any tips and hints (places to see, things to do) below….

Hope you had a lovely weekend! xo

Wearing: Sunglasses, GUESS; Zinke Swim ‘Starboard One Piece’ in lemonade shade.  Shop the Zinke collection here, Blog Reader.

Comments

I await your gorgeous posts when ever I am back to blogging (I go on and off blogging constantly). What a marvellous suit, the colour looks really lovely on you..

I am feeling your pain with the cold weather, as here it was summer just a week ago and now it has transcended into the depths of a FREEZING winter.

x

2. rosalovesdc says

Lady, you look so chic on that swimsuit. Really gorgeous. I love the detail in the suit and the top is so elegant.

I spied this yellow swimsuit shot a few days ago and fell absolutely in love – this suit is absolute perfection in every way, especially considering that it’s a one-piece, which is the only kind of swimsuit I’ll wear (and which can be so difficult to find in flattering, modern styles.) I hope you’ll get to go back to Austin soon!

A quick stop in London, eh? I can underline this: it’s been raining non-stop and you’ll be probably looking to wear a fabulous parka, rather than beautiful summery clothing!

The first image of you is phenomenal! xx

Haha I can write you a list. Beige, anything shiny, wide legged trousers (make me look like a ball of hair on sticks *groan*) do I need to continue? Love that you feel the photos were retro too, the Springs in Austin really has that feel, I kept expecting Don Draper to walk out and dive in the lake any moment! Hope you’re well K!

5. mpchouchou says

I love this retro look- actually you got a chance to see my retro suit when we were in Canada! I love it so much, sadly, husband does not agree and usually gets irked when I am out in anything other than a bikini. He will never get “it”. Le sigh.

It took me some time to build up the confidence for yellow (I was under the assumption you needed to be very tanned for it to look good) but I think the shade is a lovely match for paler skins too. Where is your pink suit from?

I think yellow looks nice in everyone :) of course depending on the tone ^^ not to to bright! I got mine at Macy’s 3 years ago. I haven’t worn it in so long I haven’t gone swimming :/ maybe this summer?