StyleOnTheCouch Loves: Tibi Fall 2012

Tibi is a label I adore for their sleek and minimalist aesthetic and this year I could not contain my excitement when I was fortunate to receive an invite to their Fall 2012 show.  Designer Amy Smilovic brings us a menswear inspired collection of slim cut, cropped trouser suits, tailored maxi skirts, double breasted jackets and simple shift dresses for fall; with a hint of the 60s filtered through Tibi’s modern, 21st century lens.  All so very wearable, there are some lovely details in the fall line – my favourites being the skirts with back welt pockets and shift dresses decorated with a breastplate of geometric shapes.

Unusual fabrics and textures give a cool flash of depth and colour to the collection.  Glossy varnished skirts and lurex sweaters are standout pieces, yet these remain faithful to Tibi’s simplistic, hint-of-androgyny silhouette.  This season I was reminded just how far the label has evolved since its inception – Smilovic continues to show us her love of crazy prints and colour used in unexpected combinations, but there is a lovely relaxed yet luxurious ease about her recent work, making her pieces highly attractive to me.

I could have taken these styles off the catwalk and worn them right away.  This winter you can find me wearing Tibi, Blog Reader!

Images from Elle.com.

Comments

again amazing looks! really love the birdie blouse and the last dark dress.. fine, elegant and minimalistic wear, adore as well!

I’ve seen quite a few bird prints around this year already – lots in Zara’s summer collections. I think that blouse is very elegant – and most of the collection I would wear, even the metallics which I suspect are going to be very big this winter.

We share the love, Kristina! The show was great – Tibi have the best music too, which gets a bit lost in the pictures, naturally. Bit of the 60s/80s in their tunes this year.

Oh I adore Tibi! From the kitty smoking slippers to the silk sleeveless maxidresses…so delightful and so wearable! Love the fall collection too.

I’ve heard about Tibi but never actually really noticed the brand but I am loving these looks! I would wear the majority of those looks quite easily. My favourite is the white dress – simple yet kind of geometric and modern xx

One of the very best things about Tibi is how wearable they are. Originally their styles were uber feminine and flirty but I love how the brand has evolved with Amy. Did you see their spring collection? They have some gorgeous pastels….

What I love abut Tibi is that they are one of the few lines whose clothes look wearable on the runway. As much as I love the fantasy aspect of fashion, I find that runway shows can be alienating when the designs are too far outside of the clothing realm and begin to cross over into art.. Tibi does such a wonderful job of creating clothes that look genuinely wearable while still being impressive on the runway!
    PS: I don’t know that there’s anything you can change on your end to stop WordPress eating comments… I’m just using a different email address and it seems to work.