Pastels and Peplum ~ Rodarte X Opening Ceremony

I go weak at the knees for Rodarte, I really do.  I find many of their dresses have that dream-like, sleeping beauty quality – a truly romantic feel.  When the Metropolitan Museum of Art held their Addressing Fashion exhibition, they described Rodarte gowns as characterised by an obsessional attention to detail:

A selection of Rodarte dresses over the last few years – catwalk images below from Elle

“At Rodarte, stiffer fabrics in brocades and metallics are invested with movement and swing and the house’s favored organzas and chiffons are painstakingly worked to emphasize their fluttering ethereality. A Rodarte gown, therefore, is not only beautiful in the long view of the red carpet but also in circumstances of greater intimacy. The seduction of their craft is in the lightness of their touch.” ~ Metropolitan Museum of Art

This photoshoot is one of my favourites.  I’m wearing my peplum dress from the second Rodarte x Opening Ceremony collection – complete with amazing details: a flouncy hemline; ruffled bodice and skirt and open shoulders.  I own two dresses from this collection (you can see the other dress here) that was themed around the Mulleavy sister’s vision of a nordic winter:

“Ruffled textures and beadwork accent clean scandinavian lines, mock necks and draped shoulders.  Mints, blush and ochre combine for a romantic colorscape grounded in earthy browns” ~ Opening Ceremony

I’m longing for warmer weather to break out this dress.  In approximately two months, if you see someone flouncing around Manhattan in this dress (fairy godmother optional), it could well be me.

Photos by the wonderfully talented Lydia Hudgens.
Wearing: Dress, Rodarte for Opening Ceremony.  Shoes: Dorothy Perkins (closest matches here).

Comments

there is SO much going on with this dress as far as details that I want to say it is too much but there is something so fantastic going on here…I can’t even place it…the cut out shoulders, the peter pan color, the ruffles…I LOVE IT ALL!!! You look stunning as always.
    Missed you but hope you had a relaxing and lovely vacay lady.
    C

looking so elegant & indeed fairy like in this beautiful nude dress! adore the cut out shoulders, you always surprise me with your most stylish choices! xo

If I had a a fairy godmother, I’m sure she would be bringing me beautiful dresses like this one from Rodarte x Opening Ceremony – the peplum and ruffled skirt are the sort of thing my fashion girl dreams are made of, and the pale, almost white pink shade is the perfect colour for spring. You’ll be a vision strolling the streets of Manhattan in this gem!

i can’t even get over how much i love this dress and your shoes, you look like a doll! and rodarte is just one of my favorites!! {i love the ruffle detail along w. the collar} ;) ;)
    xoxo

I know we share this great love for Rodarte… I was looking back at their collections and I think they put all the right signature elements into their Opening Ceremony pieces to keep enough of themselves in the new line. I don’t know if they will do another collection though – do you?

You look ah-mazing.
    I’m such a girlie girl so I go weak for anything pink and ruffly. I am also extremely jealous of your wardrobe so far. I love your blog’s name and background too. I just followed your gorgeous blog and I hope you don’t mind checking out my beauty/style/fashion blog which is brand new so I am still working on the kinks: http://stylecrumb.wordpress.com/

Thank you! I think this dress is going to get a lot of wear this summer. I have a summer wedding too, as long as the bridesmaids aren’t in pink, I think I found my outfit already! Thanks for stopping by…