StyleOnTheCouch Loves: London Fashion Weekend

Neatly positioned at the rear of London Fashion Week is London Fashion Weekend.  With just a little time to recover from the new and forthcoming collections, London Fashion Weekend is an opportunity to get your fix of well established and emerging British designers by shopping the labels under one roof.  Throw in a little catwalk show of the major trends for spring and it’s the perfect fashion fix!

During my trip home to the UK I met the lovely Anna (pic below) from South Molton Street Style at the event.  Anna’s blog is a great round up of British designers both high street and other and it’s often the place I visit when I’m feeling a bit out of the loop with British fashion.  Anna and I talked about it being a great time to “be British” and I’ve been pondering this ever since.  What do you think? We felt that somewhere in between the Royal wedding and Stella McCartney‘s special London Fashion Week presentation things got kinda cool again for us Brits.

I love the emerging talent that abounds in London fashion design – London Fashion Weekend showcases some of my favourite innovators: Liz Black, Jaegar and By Malene Birger really stand out for me.

I’d recommend heading to London Fashion Weekend if you should find yourself in London for fashion week.

And what is a fashion blogger to do after a spot of shopping? Head to The Savoy down the road from Somerset House (the home of London Fashion Week and Weekend) for tea and biscuits.  Which, Blog Reader, is exactly what we did.

Wearing: blue legging jeans from GAP; Heels from Nine West; Clutch from the Etsy shop of Taylor in Curly In The City; Klara asymmetric button down from Anthropologie; jacket from River Island.  Sunglasses, TopShop.
Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Facebook

Comments

London Fashion Weekend sounds just as wonderful as London Fashion Week – maybe even more so! I hope you found a few treasures that we’ll get to see at a later date :) In the meantime, I’m loving the tailored blazer and flowing blouse you paired with your blue skinnies. Each piece looks like it belongs in a different outfit, but put together, they make the perfect look for an afternoon of shopping and tea at The Savoy :)

I have had that same blazer for years and years… one of those items I am dreading getting too old and tattered for me to wear, since it is the perfect tailored shape for me. Thanks for your comment Cee – I could very much see you taking high tea at The Savoy too, the tea room is amazing and never very busy which I love.

Welcome back to London! Hope you are having a marvelous trip home….and it sounds like a wonderful weekend you’ve had!
    May x
    walkinginmay.blogspot.com
    @MissMayLoh

London was amazing May. Perhaps after a year in NYC and things not being new any more I had a whole new appreciation for London since I did so much. I was blessed with the weather too, the usual London rain stayed away for me, always a bonus!

I will confess that at first I wasn’t sure of the black/blue combination but I think the style of the shirt at the back kinda mediated between the colours. Thanks Aggie – hope you’ll get to visit sometime!

Well, last year it wasn’t as thrilling as I though it would be sadly and now this year when I’m not around it sounds just fabulous! all you girls where there.. so pity! bad timing for me I guess! hope to be back soon! .. and always love your classic & stylish Looks! xo

Power bloggers unite!! I love seeing blog cross-overs from my faves. You both looked stunning and of course, I love seeing you incorporate some color Sarah, you are doing it so splendidly.

You’re rocking the cobalt blue so well! Have I mentioned that I am very envious of your long legs?? Love your chic look, and your friend’s print pants! Pyjama pants on the rise :D

London suits you ;-). Loving the blue jeans on you – I think a lot of people struggle to pull off coloured jeans, and you are certainly not one of them! Nice to see you’re injecting a little colour, and moving away from the monochrome like we discussed ;-). Love your clutch too! I’ve personally never bothered with London Fashion Weekend; after London Fashion Week I am usually glad to be home ha. Love The Savoy – have you been to their American bar? C’est super! x

I love your bag! I love slouchy bags, and envelope clutches and this manages to combine the two! Very pretty. London must have been beautiful!

Trackbacks

1. […] The search for the perfect white shirt is never an easy one.  I found this gorgeous Klara buttondown at Anthropologie at the start of the year and I haven’t stopped wearing it since.  Made from oh-so-sheer silk it has a fabulous feel and a wonderful flow along the asymmetric hem.  Recently I’ve been styling it with the front tied together but I’m usually wearing it loose and untucked, as I did for London Fashion Weekend, here. […]