Ready, Get Set, Jet Set

And so, New York Fashion Week is in full swing.  I’ll post my highlights on the blog soon – right now I’m loving cocoon silhouettes, the Ming warrior style at Jason Wu and the white and gold gowns at Prabal Gurung  (the latter is snow queen mixed with 70s disco and a bit of super hero thrown in –  and yes, it totally works.)  You can see photos of the shows on Now Fashion.

Fashion stops for no-one and the inescapable task of packing for my London trip took precedence this weekend.  I’m travelling within England as well as across the Atlantic next week and Koza came to my rescue with this perfectly sized Rajani travel tote to make my life easy.  The compartments are perfect for organising my carry on, with the laptop pouch and magazine sleeve a Psychologist who is behind on reading her research papers fashion blogger’s dream.

My travel outfit is a combination of brights, neons, nudes and tailoring.  (Oh, FYI, there is a very necessary pair of flats in my bag, although I am also one of those flyers who will always wear the free socks).  This is a combination I’m hugely fond of right now but I feel that my way with neon is only in the accessories.  This skinny fluorescent belt from ASOS is perfect along with the faded yellow tee from Gap. I love how the belt stands out against the blue legging jeans too.

I’ve had this jacket from River Island for years – a label I really want to visit back in London as their spring collection includes some really interesting prints, check out this pink scarf pink blazer as an example.

Photos by the amazing Lydia Hudgens.

And so without further ado I am almost ready for the off.  Gah I hate packing though.

What do you wear to travel, Blog Reader? And how do you wear neons?

Wearing: Heels from Dorothy Perkins; jacket from River Island, belt from ASOS, tee and jean leggings from Gap; bag from KOZA c/o Riot PR for my trip.
Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Facebook

Comments

The bag is so chic, love it! And your traveling outfit is very stylish! I love to wear a few layers when I travel, a nice tee underneath a blazer or a cardigan, since I always get cold, and a pair of flats. Comfort is a priority for me but I won’t sacrifice style.
    I am in the hunt for the perfect neon accessory. I tried a few neon yellow items this weekend and I wasnt too crazy about the color on me. However, I do like neon pink and I have a tee from JCrew so I will be sporting that soon.

Have a fabulous trip!

What a stunning tote – it made me smile to read that you’re carrying flats in it, because I do the same. I had to whip my trusty pair out today during a long walk downtown :) I wish, however, that I’d been walking around NYC during fashion week, I’m incredibly envious of your proximity to all of the action! It looks like you’re dressing for it in style, this bright blue leggings paired with your skinny neon belt are an absolutely perfect combination. The addition of the coral from your tote… You’re so far outside your monochromatic comfort zone and the effect is absolutely lovely!

You look beautiful! Love the casual but stylish look and the neon belt and nude shoes are divine ! You are going to get noticed in snowy gatwick that’s for sure . ;) xx

i love your outfit – the color combo is genius really. i love the neon belt w. the blue blazer and nude pumps. and that bag is pretty amazing – the print ah!! i travel in usually yoga pants, not as fancy as you! ;) ;) have a wonderful trip!! p.s. and yes, prabal IS amazing!
    xoxo

I love your outfit for traveling, looks very sophisticated, comfy and stylish! I’m not much of a traveler but if I did travel a lot my travel outfit would probably consist of skinny jeans, simple embellished top, cardigan in hand and ballet flats.
    As for the neon’s, I haven’t really taken to this trend just yet but I would probably wear it like you have with little accents of neon’s in my outfits.

Have a safe and fun trip to London! =)

Chelsie

You look so stylish even in your travel outfit! I always travel with just comfortable clothes.. I should re-think about mine a little.. The color of your pants and top great together and looks great on you. Great post as always!! xo akiko
    Style Imported

As it’s a long way to anywhere from Australia, I wear lots of comfy layers on planes. It needs to be something I can sleep in. Your outfit is much more stylish ;)

Trackbacks