“I Love You, But I Love Myself More” ~ Carrie Bradshaw

I always indulge in a little ‘self love’ at Christmas, Blog Reader, and make a little purchase from one of the Christmas sales that start around this time.  Given my love of Reiss, I enjoy browsing their sale – my top picks are the Corona feather tank and the Raina dress in ‘night sky’:

After I posted about my Reiss column skirt on Sunday, I got some requests for other ways to style it. Since the Alfie skirt is included in the Reiss Christmas sale it feels timely to repost it here for a second look.

I’m posting my office casual Christmas drinks outfit today but I find it so difficult to get my style for these events right.  Office drinks starting in the late afternoon don’t require the glamour or sparkle of an evening event and you still gotta work in the morning (hey ho).  I kept it simple and left the silhouette to do the talking this year.  I adore the high waist on this skirt, it gives me curves as well as dramatic length which I love. I paired it with my J Crew silk blouse that should probably win an award for ‘most versatile item in my wardrobe’ this year.  J Crew have released two new “luxe” versions of this shirt – one in neon azalea and the other in sand dune – perfect for spring’s palette of pastels and highlighter colours.  One of my top hints for investment pieces for 2012.

The rest of this week is now about winding down to Christmas….. and enjoying the holidays…

What’s your go to office drinks outfit, Blog Reader?

Wearing: Alfie maxi column skirt from Reiss; shoes, Izabela from Nine West; Blythe silk blouse from J Crew.

Comments

Catching up on some blog reading today… I adore your versatile style… cutting-edge one moment and classically subdued the next. Well played. And I’m going to check out those J. Crew silk blouses. I had quite a collection of Ann Taylor silk blouses almost exactly like that in the early 1990s but they have long since gone to Goodwill. If only I had hung on to them. (Le sigh.)

I have the same J. Crew blouse in a burnt orange color and would love to get that bright pink or nude you mentioned. It is incredibly versatile & so easy to layer with too. You look chic, as always – happy holidays! :)

Gorgeous, absolutely amazingly gorgeous!!! Love how you have styled your Reiss column skirt – such a chic, elegant outfit! And I adore everything about the “Raina” dress – it is a divine piece of style, though I have to admit I love the name of the dress even more – I’ve always thought Raina is such a beautiful name!

Stay stylish, xoxo

I know just what you mean about office events, it’s always a struggle to choose an outfit that is appripriate for the work day but still glamourous enough for the event in question. Of course, you could never go wrong with that stunning black maxi. I imagine it would be absolutely perfect with anything, but that J. Crew blouse is particularly stunning. So delicate. Happy Holidays!

Reblogged this on nicoleandgwendolyn.com and commented:
    fashion, carrie bradshaw, and ‘loving myself’ are three of my favourite things! therefore, i LOVE this post by StyleOnTheCouch!

today, let’s please talk about fashion! :)

my absolute favourite, casual, cocktail party outfit is the Black Jillian dress by Kate Spade. it features a BIG, pouffy bow at the front waist. simple, classy, and gorgeous!!!

if only i could pair it with kate spade’s ‘bow valley rosa’ satchel,’ then i’d be in cocktail party heaven! that bag would make me happier than a martini! :):):)

what is your FAVOURITE outfit for after work/school cocktail functions? please share! i’m so curios! x

The Corona Feather Tank is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Depends on what I’m doing before/after coffee. If I just had dive practice and not planning on going anywhere the rest of the day, there’s a good chance I’ll wear PJ pants and a tank top. If I have class, meeting someone, or going somewhere else later, I’ll usually wear a dress with boots or jeans, cute top and boots… always the boots!! :)

you look stunning in this simple, demure look! i love the blouse and you’re right about it being very versatile! i love how you’ve paired it w. the long skirt and cute shoes!! and i love the carrie bradshaw quote, nothing wrong w. a woman treating herself right?? ;)
    xo, k

8. nv says

That’s the cutest skirt! I never thought a maxi version of that cut could look so good. Something to try. Thanks! :)