Friday Lingerie Lust: Bordelle

Provocative, dominant and sexy.  This is Atelier Bordelle - founded in 2007 by Alexandra Pope and designer Javier Suarez - the British label making waves for their seductive and luxurious pieces.  This unique brand creates clothes that bring out your assertive inner goddess whilst also appealing to those fashionably minded who might want that something extra special underneath their outerwear.

My favourite item that tends to feature each season is their cage dress. Designed in their signature style of elastic satin bandages that “cage” and frame the curves of the body, these pieces have been featured in the likes of Vogue, Elle and Pop magazine.  Having been high on my list of coveted items for a long while, finally on my birthday the cage dress became mine *squeals*.

They created my dress bespoke, and both the service and fit I received were excellent.  Not all lingerie that is “high end” produces high quality garments – Bordelle delivers on both fronts, with a total of ten of my measurements working their way into the design of my dress.

Today Bordelle launch their spring summer collection and I’m thrilled to be able to post these pictures this morning.  The S&M mentality continues with both a hotting up as well as a softening of their signature edgy style.  Cage dresses have been transformed with the addition of nude pink satin bandages and bondage is brought to the fore with metal rings and buckles. Risque? Yes.  Desirable? Absolutely.

Several pieces in white feature this summer.  I’m thinking fashion forward brides need to get shopping.

Finally, Bordelle also create a number of accessories that should not be overlooked.  I love that this year they included a body harness because I think these can look amazing over a simple tee and worn as outerwear.  Don’t believe me? Just check out Sass and Bide and Bliss Lau for further inspiration along these lines.  I really like the details of Bordelle’s accessories overall – strict but playful – the perfect adjunct to their lingerie pieces.

This season remains every bit as dramatic as the last.  A Bordelle piece is well worth the investment Blog Reader, I hope you check them out some time!

Comments

I LOVE these. The one you are wearing looks amazing on you. I think you should try it with a white, single button blazer (sleeves rolled up 3//4 way). I say this only because the detail on the bodice is so stunning that white would help highlight it. The contrast of black & white would also make your pretty hair & face pop!

The white one is also really beautiful. I think white is going to be incorporated into a lot of looks this spring…

I think we will see a lot of white too – I recall a lot of simple, chic dresses in monochrome from NYFW, also with neons. Let’s see if we are right with our predictions. Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave a comment Taylor!

I know that Bordelle is a winner- I think I’ve said this about a few lines you’ve written about- because my husband, who was reading over my shoulder, said, “Ooh, can we get you one of those?” And I must agree, the cage dress really is quite something!

Wow, this is daring alright! I love it. Would love to rock any piece, any day. In France, I’ve learned the art of sexy underwear. It gets any man crazy, and you yourself feel so awesome too.

So glad that you popped in on my blog! Hope to see you again;)

Thanks for stopping by – I am sure I’ll pay a return visit very soon. Although I might need to get more creative in my outfit posts, you have some great backdrops to your outfit shoots xo

All I can say is Wow-what a sexy and oh so feminine collection. This just makes me realize I need to invest in some really nice and high quality lingerie!

The dress looks incredible on you. Reminds me very much of Herve Leger’s bandeau dress. Body con is so sexy. I don’t think bondage has ever been more wearable! x

Oh yes Herve Leger – I have been looking at The Outnet to see if I can buy one of these styles, but I always seem to miss out there. The search continues, but you’re right, I have a fabulous near alternative too.

Oh la la! ;-) So THAT is the much talked-about cage dress. J’adore! Completely agree with Lani: clearly it was made for you. You must have such a wonderful feeling when wearing this!