Curls and Kimonos….

Both the last two weekends here in NYC have been lovely.  My birthday weekend was filled with fun things to do.  Thanksgiving was very relaxing and a chance to reflect that I’m grateful for all the amazing people I have met here in America as well as for friends who have continued to write, email, Skype and chat with me from back home.

In the manner of relaxation, I have this amazing kimono style dress/jacket from Topshop that I adore for its throw-on-simplicity and chic minimalism.  I can wear it tightly wrapped around at the waist, more loosely wrapped to give an ooh la la side split, or open as a jacket over jeans.  It was found for me by Topshop’s personal shopping service in SoHo NYC – a service I hadn’t intended to use, but the shop wasn’t busy and they were very obliging. I also got some great style tips from them during my impromptu visit and they even have mini cupcakes, so points all round!

Sadly since my shopping trip I have not been able to find this exact same style online.  This silk wrap dress is a close and very elegant match, however.

Photos by Lydia Hudgens

Wearing: Kimono style dress/jacket by TopShop. Shoes, Dorothy Perkins.

Go to clothing for relaxing weekends, Blog Reader? Or my US readers, you might tell me your outfit of choice for Thanksgiving… I hope you all had a fabulous weekend, relaxing or celebrating! xo

Comments

Is there anything you don’t suit? I really, really love the curls on you. Adds a playful glam touch to your perfectly coiffed tresses. I love the contrast of the nude heels, and the black kimono esque dress. x

I must admit, I am envious of your American Thanksgiving experience. The holiday isn’t at all the same in Canada, and I’ve always wanted to celebrate it in America, where it means so much more and is so ingrained in the culture. The look you chose for the occasion is just stunning. I love the way you give neutral colours so much interest value by choosing unusual pieces with truly unique tailoring. I would never have guessed this dress came from TopShop, it looks like something that a personal shopper at Barney’s would have chosen for you!

What a wonderful set of photos, Lydia has done a marvellous job and captured your beauty really well.
    I love what you’ve done with your hair, I am thinking of getting extensions so I can do similar styles too :o)
    Truly inspirational x

you look STUNNING! your photos are just so beautiful and high quality ~ love! i wore a tucker dress along w. cable knit tights, wool blazer and new steve maddens to the thanksgiving table ~ ate a lot of turkey and pie ~ t’was wonderful!! hope you’re having a great sunday friend ;)
    xoxo ~ kristina

Wowser – You look lovely – Great outfit and great, great pictures. The TS dress hangs really well and looks stunning – and the shoes are really nice – I lurve that last picture – that is cool
    :0)
    paul

LOVE kimono styled anything …what a beautiful post Sarah!
    The dress nude pump combo is totally one of my favs.
    Stunning for Thanksgiving..that is what you were!
    Happy Monday.
    C

oh, so lovely! i just visited TopShop’s website, and i’ll be ordering the RAINBOW LUREX CROSS BACK DRESS BY DRESS UP. fabulous! thank you for the fashion suggestion! x

Perfect perfect perfect for cozy and comfortable yet glamorous! So good to hear you had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend … so did I and even though winter weather is not quite yet here we know it will be soon and I’m in the mood for the holidays! Hope yours are wonderful, sweets!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou
    This Week: “Let It Snow”

I love that you just “happened” upon some shopping services, replete with cupcakes no less. Only you. I am glad to see you took advantage of them though- the dress is a stunner. I could see this working casual or for a formal event equally well.