Red (shoes) White (dress) Blue (sea)

Two days of my recent road trip were spent on the Big Sur coastline, staying at the delightful Post Ranch Inn, an eco hotel set atop the coast with perfect views of the Pacific from both my lodging and the infinity pools dotted around the cliffs.  There was little to be done at the Post Ranch apart from the task of relaxing, with champagne in hand.  The delicious food at Sienna Mar restaurant was the main indulgence, with breakfast overlooking the ocean a favourite memory of mine…

I spent a whole day hopping in and out of this pool above, I kid you not

‘The Red Shoes’ (one of my favourite films) now on my feet! Dressing for dinner with my Suede bow pumps from Gap

Happy….

Happier…. at breakfast overlooking the Pacific Ocean.  Could life be any more perfect? What a shame I had to leave…

Wearing (picture, top) Lara dress from Reiss (old season).  Shoes from Gap.

Comments

I am lucky to have the curls (although I don’t always feel this way I admit!) and I often use some heated rollers just at the top to take some of the frizz out. Thanks for your compliment though, sometimes the curls are so darn unruly I want to scream! xo

This looks like the absolute perfect holiday, and you had the perfect, perfect white dress to wear for the occasion, too. I’ve been on the hunt for my dream white dress for a while now. I haven’t found it yet, but I hope that when I do, it’s as beautiful as the one you’re wearing! I’m also so impressed that those pumps came from Gap, I had no idea they made anything other than flats :)

Love your outfit! So crisp! I just spent some time at Big Sur this September and fell in love with Nepenthe, did you get a chance to enjoy their view? Such a gorgeous area, and you paired your style perfectly :)

OMG..the Red Shoes is one of my favorite films too..I was a ballerina for so much of my life…where you?
    Looking so beautiful in that white dress…I believe I have seen it before…loved it before and love it now.
    Looks like you had an amazing trip!
    C

I’m still so amazed I found these in Gap. Although I often tell people they are some high end brand just to see their reaction when I finally admit how much they were. Gosh I am so mean…. xo

4. CinZilicious says

You got me there with the breakie and over looking the Pacific Ocean. Gosh, what more could one ask for? Sometimes it’s the simplest things that brings a smile to our face=) Just food and the ocean please, hehehe

Cinz