New York Fashion Week Diary Part II: “The Hair”

Sometimes I genuinely love my hair and sometimes I want to cut it all off.  Mainly I’d love to be able to “do” more with my hair, or at least have lower maintenance locks – I’m convinced that keeping a frizz free curly mane is a) more work that it should be and b) a bit of a lost cause since the frizz always finds a way to creep back.  That was, until I encountered my new best friend Blow NY.

Blow offer several different blow out services costing between $40-60 for a shampoo and styling.  I had my curls defined with an iron for $10 extra.  Want an up do? No problem – try Glamhair.  Blow even come to your home if you’re that much in need!

I visited Blow NY just before all the lovely events began in Manhattan for New York Fashion Week.  I spoke to my stylist Chrissie about what I wanted and her marvellous care and attention gave me fabulous curls and condition that I loved and which lasted.  I will definitely go back to the bar – it’s a treat to have a blow dry but I approach this in the same way I approach manicures, massages and all things I consider to be the realm of the high maintenance woman* (yes, really!!) I don’t do it often, so when I do, it’s ok to splurge a little.

If you live in Manhattan and want a little hair-pampering I would absolutely recommend Blow NY.  You might even see me there…. they do cuts and colour alongside their regular blow out services and that’s next for me….

* Ok ok so I bite my nails.  Manicures ain’t happening.  And I do actually like massages I just always prioritize clothes over pampering. Every time….hey ho.
Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Facebook

Comments

LOL! The last bit made me giggle, ’cause I’m like that myself. I hardly ever even go to the hairdresser, ’cause it never really ends up looking how I want it to look anyway and so I’d rather save my money :p but This Blow NY sounds great and I can see why you’d go there now, with it being Fashion Week and all :) Oh and also, you look fab!
    Did you enjoy the US Open btw? :D x

LOVED the US Open! I had 7 hours of great tennis, plus I lucked out with Federer / Djokovic and Nadal / Murray. Wish Murray could have won, but Nadal played a good game… (ps glad to know that I am not alone….!!)

I always prioritize clothes over pampering as well :) But we have a blow dry bar here in Vancouver where I do stop in every once in a while. My hair is very maintenance (or maybe I just lack the skill to style it well myself!) and it’s always much happier when someone else does it for me!

It’s good to hear that – I’m thinking that having nice hair makes me feel a little happier all round (the Psychology of The Bad Hair Day could be a post in itself!) and whilst I get my hair cut so infrequently, I might invest a little more in blow drys Cee…

It’s funny how women in New York are so much more focused on blow-drying their hair compared to Europeans (well, at least the French!). New-Yorkers are high-maintenance indeed when it comes to beauty. You look fab in the pics and I noticed the difference right away ;-)
    PS. Next time I see you I want to see polish on those fingernails so you won’t bite them anymore.

I have noticed that when I use product and let my hair dry natural, like when I am on holiday and just sit in the sun… frizz is minimised. I dream of the perfect product for this too. Until then I might just have to stick to Blow BY, you’re right!