Wrap Me Up (Part I)

This week I took a mini break and travelled to Boston, MA and then on to Provincetown in Cape Cod.  The weather was gorgeous, I spent some time with my lovely blogger friends Lani of MPChouChou and Lissy of A Girl In Boston, was able to soak up the sun on the PTown beaches and ate some amazing seafood along the way….

The dress that I’m posting here is my new obsession.  It is an incredibly versatile item of clothing that can be worn several ways (hence being the perfect clothing item for short trips when luggage space can be at a premium!) Finding style inspiration from other blogs and bloggers is something I love and I saw this dress on the wonderful Thirty Something Fashion, run by Carly who lives in Jersey Shore (and who I am just dying to meet in person and hope to visit soon).  Carly featured this Von Vonni dress not once but twice and showed us her favourite ways to wear it. (I even made notes on her styling tips before I left NYC…! In my defence there is a lot of fabric to wrap, in the top part of the dress).

Below is my favourite way to wear it.  I’ll feature two other styles over the coming weeks. What I can tell you is that I feel so wonderful in this gorgeous dress no matter which way I style it.  I realise my personal style is developing more in the way of classic yet modern clothing as I get older – I would even go so far to say that this dress now tops my Preen power dress as my favourite LBD of choice.

I am also considering buying it in the red (the dress comes in both long and short lengths), in tune with the Autumn/Winter colours this year. Thoughts, Blog Reader?

Wearing: Von Vonni wrap dress in longer length, black colour.  The Von Vonni website is launching soon; you can follow them on Facebook here and here.  In the meantime please contact Carly via her website if you’d like to know more about the dress or her service.

Comments

It was soooo great to see you last week!!! Were you wearing that same dress but in a different way? It looks fab both ways!! And you know I wouldn’t be myself if I didn’t encourage you to get the dress in red…you know how I love color, color, color!!

2. carly says

OMG…I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you styled this….The possibilities are just so limitless…This Von Vonni guy is a GENIUS!
    You look amazingly beautiful and chic and I love this strapless idea…now I have a new way to try mine!
    Glad your vacay was fabulous…and I am jealous you met up w Lissy….I ENVY her shoe collection- it is BEYOND.
    C

Such a great dress Sarah. it really suits you. Wish I was tall enough to pull of these maxi dresses. I think you should definitely get in red.

This dress is so wonderful! Think of all the endless possibilities?! Why wouldn’t you want to get it in red too? It was so nice to finally have you in Boston and play host. I’m glad you enjoyed the city leg and I can’t wait to see the photos from the rest of your stay.

This dress is just astoundingly flattering! I definitely think you need to have it in a different colour and/or shorter length, it looks just incredible. And I’m very intrigued by the idea that there are different ways to wrap the fabric- I can’t wait to see the metamorphosis :)
    PS: As far as the whole blogger communities thing goes, I think it’s an interesting concept, but the fact Bloggers Wardrobe has put it to a competition for the last four places feels somehow insulting to me, particularly because it’s based on link traffic. Every blogger has a unique perspective that could bring something interesting to the community that goes far beyond clicks, at least in my opinion.

Love this dress! And it suits you so well! And I simply love versatility, especially in something that is timeless.

I have a dress I bought in NYC’s Nolita some time ago and it can be worn 27 different ways (okay, maybe 15…). The name on the label says Narcisa Lang. I will send you a photo…

Love it! I love that the ‘wrapping’ looks really secure on you too, and not like it’s about to fall down. Gorgeous drape. I’m off to check out the website! :)

This looks fabulous, I love how you styled it. I’ve been debating this dress myself after seeing Carly blog about it. She and I actually worked together a few years ago for Nicole Miller Philadelphia and she’s one of the sweetest and most fashionable women I know. I do hope you get a chance to meet her!

Really like this on you. I’ve always been dubious about these X in 1 dresses/tops, and all that – however you wear it well. I say definitely go for the red, I think it would really suit you, and a shorter length could be nice, chic, and flirty. x

Another gorgeous dress of yours. It was funny at the restaurant the other night how you modified the styling and it looked as if you had changed dresses entirely!
    I love such transformable pieces too and the DKNY cozy remains one of my staple items. It’s a cardigan with long ends that you can style in so many ways (there are videos on the DKNY website that explain it well).

Trackbacks