6th Street Blues

I am more than a little obsessed with Gap since my move to New York City.  I love my feminine dresses, but I return to Gap every time I want denim that perfectly fits my shape, like these super lightweight legging jeans here. I wore this outfit for a night out in 6th Street in Austin last week: dinner at The Iron Cactus and drinks at Maggie Mae’s.

I know you might shy away from the fit of the legging jean, Blog Reader, but before you make up your mind watch this video from Gap that illustrates the thought process behind this new design for Autumn/Winter:

Gap really do have some amazing denim colours in store right now, for Fall.  I have my eye on these shades – green and brilliant blue:

Before you ask, Blog Reader, yes of course I own the legging jeans in black.

Gap have thrown some amazing offers out there recently.  In the US (though slightly affected by hurricane Irene), they offered 50% off denim.  It really was just as well I was forced to stay indoors! Do check out their facebook page (US and international) as I often find offers advertised there first.

Anyone thinking of investing in coloured denim right now?

Wearing: legging jeans and crewneck tee from GAP.  Wedges from ALDO.  Belt from Dorothy Perkins.

Comments

The legging jeans look great on you and I LOVE those shoes! You know I’ve got quite the selection of coloured legging jeans. The legging jean is perfect in the winter with tall boots. Zara has lots of colors and they are relatively inexpensive. I shall have to check out Gap’s version as well.

If I could find a pair of jeans that fit me even an enth as well as those Gap jeans fit you, I would buy them in every colour! Personally, I’m always loyal to J. Brand- there is no brand of jeans that fits me better. They have some beautiful twill skinnies out right now (technically not jeans!) and I have my eye on a royal blue pair.

I agree – GAP jeans just fit so perfectly (for me) – I just bought a flare leg pair of their 1969 denim…so nice that they offer them in “tall” so I don’t have to take them to the tailors to have the hem let out!

Oo I also have some Gap flares, they just seem to fit me perfectly so I go back every time. Not sure your tailor will be happy though, I swear you are single handedly keeping him in business :-) xo

If I had your figure I’d definitely get myself a pair of bright coloured jeans, but since I don’t I stick with classic shades. Love GAP very much, too and must pop in some time soon. x

I recently bought a pair of the Long and Lean in the lightweight dark denim. Best fit ever! Even in length. With the 50% off, I’m tempted to get a second pair!

Well of course you keep going back..those fit you like a damn GLOVE!
    Love it…I think you would be smashing in those fun green ones for fall.
    C

7. CinZilicious says

Gosh, i gotta say these jeans are lovely!!! We dont have Gap over here but we’re about to open one in Nov!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait!

i love your legging jeans in this pic, that color is soo diff and eye catching ;-)

Cinz

Hmmm… Definitely not the type of jeans that anyone could wear! I prefer mine skinny but honestly not as tight as leggings.
    I do love the colors though and if it weren’t fall soon I’d be tempted to have a look at red or bright blue trousers.

We should go and look anyway. I quite like these leggings but some jean leggings are just far too tight. I think theses have a great stretch which makes me feel comfortable but not too um squashed in :-)