The Long and Short of It (Part I).

I love the fashion weeks but this year I admit to feeling fashion-weeked-out by the time Milan arrived (I am truly sorry, D&G).  I love to see the photos of the catwalks but this year I saw so many additional street style photos of show attendees I swear that I never want to see a wide brimmed floppy hat again.  I read a very funny take on the fashion week experience here on vicestyle.com which – having never been to the shows but reading many tweets about the lack of food, long wait times and seating chaos – made me smile and feel thankful for live streaming!

So.  Whilst in a grump, fed up with long maxi skirts, pleated midi skirts, wide brimmed hats, neon colours and nail art, I’ve returned to a very basic, cheap, cheerful, short and black outfit for a night out at the Mercury Lounge with a friend from the UK who visited this week (or so we thought until I realised I got the days mixed up.  Music night quickly morphed into “Girls’ Night In”.  Rock on, that’s what I say).

This dress is from Vero Moda.  Vero Moda have some delightful styles out for Spring and their prices are great for simple items like light summer dresses and cardigans.  They also have quite a few coat and jacket choices based on the classic trench which I’m fond of.

My top picks selling on the ASOS site now are the 70s flared jeans and the floral frill waist dress (see pictures below).  I only found this brand through ASOS recently, but I know they have a “mega” store on London’s Oxford Street, number 175, that opened just before I left the UK.  Sadly there are no US stores just yet.

Wearing: Dress from Vero Moda bought on ASOS.  Shoes, Dorothy Perkins as before.  Belt: Reiss.

Comments

Love this dress – adore the shoes! The perfect black pump. I am not familiar with Dorothy Perkins, what can you tell me? Price point? Comfort factor?

Bisous,
    Mariah

Price = very good (got two pairs for the price of one in the sale). Dorothy Perkins was the UK brand we shopped in, in the UK, when we thought we were all grown up. Then we left it a while, went to TopShop (when we were far too old,) then we realised that Dorothy Perkins really was much better since we actually were then grown up.

Usually I’d be watching like a hawk, but this season, I’ve made a conscious effort to avoid all the updates. It could be a bit suffocating sometimes with SS11 collection not fully digested yet.

You look gorgeous in that black dress. I like the subtle pattern.

The piece from Vice Style on the Julien Macdonald show is hilarious; thanks for sharing! I once heard a top fashion journalist say you see the clothes better on screen (whether on TV or the Internet) than when you’re actually attending the show, so it’s all right not to be among the happy few after all :)
    And I agree with the comments above: this dress was made for you!

Looking perfect in that black dress…you just can’t go wrong with a classic look like this.
    Love the (leather?) detail on it too.
    You are beautiful as always.
    C

Carly it is indeed a leather detail. I wanted to be a leather dress last year, but they were all far too expensive, so this is my half measure and it is a real bargain ;-)