A Bit of a Carrie On.

I really have to time the photography of my outfit posts better.  I took these shots at the weekend when it started snowing and ever since we’ve had fabulous sunshine in NYC – the snow has almost melted and the sun has been shining. Well, fashion favours the brave and here I am trying out a different kind of style – my new vintage dress from one of my favourite Ebay sellers, vach22450.

I might regret sharing with you all the name of this seller but they have some very cute vintage dresses on their listing. A couple of weeks ago I narrowly missed out on an emerald-green 70s style Halston maxi dress which would have been perfect for the summer in Manhattan.  I bought this dress for a bargain price at the same time I was bidding for (and losing) the Halston, it really was a steal.  This week another Halston maxi, an Oscar De La Renta party dress and an YSL gown were sold.  I think if you love vintage dresses in 70s and 80s styles you will love this seller.  I’m still finding my stride with vintage, but on this particular dress I adore the detail of the lace fringing as it’s unlike anything that I own.  The fabric is also super light and floaty which gives it an ethereal feel to me.

I’m wondering about your experiences with vintage, Blog Reader, and any places that you like to search to find it, whether it be online or a local store… do you like to buy or wear vintage? Are there any vintage ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’?

Wearing: Ivory Chiffon Layered Lace Wrap Winged Mini Dress from Ebay.  Shoes, Dorothy Perkins (see previous postings).

Comments

So pretty! Much to your dismay I may have to go check out that Ebay seller! :) I just got some Charles David nude pumps just like those. I’ve been wanting some for years. Have a good day!

Kathy

What a beautiful dress. I love vintage and have a number of pieces from all over the place. That is the thing about vinage; you never know where you will find it, be it on the internet, a large city or a small town in the middle of England.
    My rules are:
    go with an open mind
    don’t be ruled by dress sizes, use measurements instead
    if you see something you love and can afford it, buy it as it is a one off
    have fun!
    Hannah xx

Completely adore! Such a lovely find! Definitely could use your help with some vintage hunting skills. I am intrigued but never ventured. Do pass on anything useful.

And good riddance to the snow, eh?! The warmer temps have definitely given me optimism that spring will be on its way very soon!

Best,
    Mariah

Finally some warmer weather! People are in shorts here. I kid you not.

Thank you for passing on the seller’s info. I have been a bit gun-shy about ebay and vintage in general but your find is inspiring. Perhaps we can hunt out some vintage shops in NYC to visit?

Very pretty colour! And yes, very Carrie! I love maxi dresses and entertain in them all the time…feels so ’70′s…and Haltson too! Too bad you missed out on that one.
    Cupcake
    xo

6. everydayglamour says

That looks so amazing on you! If you ever get up to Maine, perhaps in the summer, there is some fabulous vintage shopping, (antique really!), at rock-bottom prices.

I am amazed – and admirative! – of how you manage to pose in such a light dress when I can not step outside without my coat, scarf, gloves, hat and almost no skin showing.
    About vintage, I never buy any. Maybe because I’m the youngest child and always wore hand me downs or my mom’s thrift finds in my childhood? I love it on others though, and your dress looks very lovely on you!